Data and decisions at QuintoAndar
QuintoAndar is a technology company that enables a seamless rental experience from discovery to closing. We measure every step of our long process in order to identify (i) where we need to focus, (ii) how we can improve our services to tenants, landlords and agents, (iii) best strategies to invest resources (aka where to grow, which pains to address), and (iv) what is the expected impact of a product modification. We keep track of precise indicators for each project at QuintoAndar, and the data team helps us define such indicators and keep track of them.
At QuintoAndar you will:
- Work with a top-notch team that uses the best practices and best tools.
- Learn a lot.
- Be part of a high-impact project that will affect many people's lives.
- Have autonomy to make decisions with no endless meetings or bikeshedding.
- Work in an informal environment and horizontal hierarchy.
❢ This is a product development position. Please do not apply if you are looking for a 'product marketing' position. Read responsibilities and requirements thoroughly.
❢ For this specific position, we expect more senior candidates. If you are interested in a product career and have no experience in management or product development, please check other Product Manager positions, for which we have senior and mid-senior levels.
❢ You should be used to dealing with data, understanding the role of data analysis in company strategy. We also expect you to have some knowledge of (at least relational) databases.
- Draft and prototype each concept feature; iterate with your product squad to design and implement it. Align it with the head of product and stakeholders.
- Need to clearly understand each stage on QuintoAndar's service pipeline. How we work, how we respond to (and support) our clients, and what happens in each department.
- Prioritize problems that can be addressed with data techniques and Machine Learning models, raise hypotheses and choose the most promising bets to address each business opportunity. Rely on problem solving frameworks and divide and conquer strategies to define product goals and roadmap.
- Work directly with Data Science, Marketing, Product and Operations teams to solve problems with creativity and collaboration. You will need to lead discussions with stakeholders and guide them throughout a structured decision making process.
- Coordinate your engineering team using agile methodologies and break big projects into small and frequent releases. Plan launch dates, report weekly deliveries and collect feedback.
- Track efficiency of your product with data, so that you can understand user behavior and enhance product efficiency in the following version.
- Draft and prototype each concept feature; iterate with your product squad to design and implement it.
Please only apply if you:
- Have 2+ years experience as a strong product owner or a product manager in a consumer internet company (web or mobile) - a plus if it was in a high profile startup during high-growth stages.
- Have relevant experience in prototyping and developing actual digital products.
- Are used to using data to make decisions.
- Know how to query, process and understand data.
- Have data- or science-related background. Examples: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics; alternatively, you have demonstrated experience in process management and scientific methodology.
- Are very analytic. You solve problems with divide-and-conquer in an elegant, simple fashion.
- Are used to aggressive launch dates.
- Consider yourself BS-free: we dislike people who pretend to know stuff. Be honest.
We will like you even better if:
- Your CV includes a couple of years in a very analytical job. We like strategy consultants as product managers, if they have some hands-on experience.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company.
This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and would welcome foreign candidates, 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be fluent in English in order to learn the most from the whole world, and 3) We will eventually expand our operations. You know, the rental market is way too complex all over the globe. ;)
Our office is currently in Sao Paulo, at Av Paulista, near 'metrô Paulista'.
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- You'll be solving a real problem. Something that affects many millions of families.
- Competitive salary package.
- Opportunity to earn stock options.
- Good health plan and life insurance.
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição + ticket alimentação").
- Fuel allowance or public transportation card.
About our selection process:
It usually takes around 30 days (from your applying to the end) and follows this steps:
1. Application Screening
2. Phone interview with Recruiters
3. Case Presentation to our Product Team
4. Interview with our Head of Product and CTO + Reference Check
Important: Our recruitment process starts at the application form! If you really wish be a part of our team, endeavor to do well at this stage of the process. We analyze all the candidates individually. Yes, we do read all applications and we’ll reply even to those who won't follow the process.
We are a company that values diversity and inclusion. All our current openings are to people with disabilities. If you are PWD and want to join us, register your CV in our resume database for future positions by clicking here.