As a Data Protection Officer you will be a key driver of our data protection processes in our offices located in Africa region. Your first challenge will be preparing Infobip for compliance with the new personal data protection legislation in South Africa and Nigeria by establishing needed processes and technical measures, while keeping in mind data security best practices and where needed recruiting and selecting external consultants.
Why is this role important at Infobip?
- Informing and advising Infobip, and its employees who carry out data processing operations, about their obligations under the GDPR and applicable local data protection legislation;
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR and applicable local data protection provisions
- Monitoring the Infobip's strategies for the protection of personal data, including the allocation of responsibilities, awareness-raising, and training of staff involved in the processing operations, and related verifications
- On request, advising in connection with the data protection impact assessment and implementations thereof
- Cooperating with the supervisory authorities
- Acting as a contact point for the supervisory authorities on issues related to data processing
- Acting as a contact point for the exercise of individual’s rights under applicable data protection legislation and processing their inquiries related to data processing activities
More about you:
- You have legal or IT security background and at least 3 years of working experience, preferably in an international business environment, experience across Africa preferred.
- You have good understanding of data protection legislation and privacy landscape in Africa, as well as good understanding of the GDPR
- You have general understanding of IT technologies concerning processing and storing data
- You have an ability to adapt fast and like working in a high-paced environment
- Your written/oral communication skills are excellent, and you enjoy working with multiple diverse stakeholders
- You’re curious and continuously expand your skills, and you are interested to learn more about business, technology, processes, law
- Taking initiative and working independently comes naturally to you
- You are a team player and build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the business area and your projects ensuring progress.
When you become a part of Infobip you can expect:
- Awesome clients – We serve and partner with the majority of the leading mobile operators, OTTs, brands, banks, social networks, aggregators and many more. Seriously, our clients are really cool. Work with the world’s leading companies and impact how they communicate with their users!
- Opportunity knocks. Often. – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
- Learn as you grow – Starting with a fantastic onboarding program, to internal education, education resources, e-learning to external educations, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
- Connect globally – Work with people from all over the world. We put the “global” in globalisation.
- Pay & Perks – Competitive salary, health benefits, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team building and other organized activities ... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!