About FiscalNote Engineering
The FiscalNote Engineering team represents an array of backgrounds and experiences. We believe in Quality, Inclusion, Excellence, Growth, and Transparency. Partnering closely with colleagues throughout the company, we build high-quality products and core services that deliver value to clients, our colleagues, and the company.
About the Role
You will collaborate closely with a dedicated, cross-functional team - engineers, interaction and product designers, product managers, and scrum masters - working on one of FiscalNote’s applications - FiscalNote, CQ, Roll Call, VoterVoice. Utilizing Agile methodologies and incorporating data and user research, you and your team will design, build, and deliver high quality products, features, and services to serve your end-users. Regardless of level, you will be called upon to present your work, communicate with technical and non-technical teammates and executives, and guide and mentor members of your team.
You should be:
- a Leader
- Identify, analyze, and interpret complex data sets
- Help prioritize reported data bugs
- Work with the product team in creating workflows/user experience with data sets
- Translate requirements into test conditions and expected results for data quality and acceptance criteria
- Highlight/identify inconsistencies of data usage and integrations and work with stakeholders to define requirements and solutions
- Assess and communicate how new data sets would compare to existing data sets in regard to standardized fields, depth, breadth, etc.
- Ensure that solutions meet requirements outlined in the data-design documentation and acceptance criteria.
- Create and maintain shared, well organized documentation for all data including detailed overviews, known quirks, and inconsistencies related to both the data itself and the data in the context of the jurisdiction
- Assist with the management of daily and weekly tasks related to data maintenance to ensure all products maintain FiscalNote's high standards of accuracy and deadlines are met
- Assist QA and own responsibility for the performance of QC for all FiscalNote data-related testing for high data quality
- Own responsibility for data accuracy including database verification and data consistency
- Experience as a data analyst or working with data
- A strong understanding of data modeling and data operations
- Strong SQL and data query knowledge
- Strong spreadsheet (e.g. Excel) and data manipulation skills
- Experience in data mining and working with large data sets
- A strong ability to analyze, organize, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and vice versa
- Highly preferred: Policy experience and/or expertise
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify