Together at Talkdesk, we’re building a future of brilliant customer interactions. We have the cleverness, curiosity, and grit to make us a team of customer heroes: thinkers, achievers, and dreamers who believe that our world-class SaaS platform can influence a new kind of customer interaction.
Talkdesk started from a hackathon win and within five years has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, a Gartner Magic Quadrant Visionary, and enabled 100,000,000+ customer interactions using our platform. With $124.5 million in backing from DFJ, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures, and Viking Global Investors and supported by the successes of our 1,400+ customers from Peloton, IBM, Wounded Warriors Project, and MongoDB, Talkdesk is disrupting a $40+ billion stagnant market.
We’re looking for experienced backend developers to strengthen our Talkdesk IQ initiative. “What is TalkdeskIQ?” you’ll surely ask. Talkdesk IQ is the way Talkdesk leverages the vast amount of data we have, in order to generate insights and improve our clients’ contact center capabilities -- with the aid of AI and Machine Learning techniques.
In this role you’d work in close contact with the Data Science team, by building production ready pipelines and APIs that will deliver these insights to the whole Talkdesk’s product.
If you’re a backend developer that’s been curious about Data Science, AI and Machine Learning, if you’re driven, autonomous and with a knack for mentoring and teaching people around you this is the job for you! Come shape Talkdesk’s future and disrupt the Contact Center space with us!
- Work autonomously in a small team setting, developing pipelines and APIs to support the best product on the Market
- Implement a scalable, stable, and user-friendly product that can handle our current growth.
- Work closely with Data Scientists and Software Engineers in the design, development and maintenance stages of Talkdesk IQ, bridging the gap between Science and Product.
- Work with the team and Product Owner to help shape TalkdeskIQ’s future.
- Work in a modern agile software engineering environment
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day
- Software engineering background with experience in OO programming and TDD
- Top-notch programming skills, ability to produce quality code that is maintainable, efficient, reliable and secure
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Good written and spoken English
Nice to haves / Pluses:
- Experience and/or interest in learning a large breadth of tools to transform, store, query and expose data, including:
- transforming: Spark, Kafka Streams, Flink
- storing: AWS S3/ Google Cloud Storage, PostgreSQL
- querying: AWS Athena / Google Gigquery, RDBMS such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle
- exposing: AWS Sagemaker, Kotlin/Ruby/Elixir-based APIs
- Experience and/or interest in learning about tools to productize machine learning, such as Apache Airflow, Luigi, AWS sagemaker, SparkML, MLlib, Apache Mahout
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or an engineering-related field
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.