Who we are
Over the last thirteen years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across a range of payment products. From travel money to money transfers, currency hedging to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from a variety of backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. Technology is at the heart of what we do, and the business is committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service. We're united by one thing - we aim to help customers get more for their money - so they can make the most of their time.
As we embark on our next phase of growth we are looking for a Data Science Lead.
The role will be based in either our London or Chester office and although we expect this role to be mainly working remotely for now we ideally would like the Data Science Lead in the future to spend time in either location restrictions allowing.
You are an ambitious team player who wants to combine delivering business impact and driving continuous improvement, whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills and capabilities. You will lead a newly structured Data team to drive forward the democratisation and use of data in our business to drive real benefits for our customers.
It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role where you will have the responsibility of leading our data strategy, putting data in the hands of our teams and driving business impact through data driven decision making. You can be based near either of our UK offices in London or Chester. We have a very flexible working policy and won't be expecting you in the office every day if that’s not how you work best. There will be some expectation of travel to other Group locations.
- Manage a team of analysts and a data engineer
- Be an advocate for the role of data in decision-making to increase revenue or reduce cost to serve
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyse data problems
- Conceive, plan and prioritise data projects
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Visualise data and create reports
- Experiment with new models and techniques
- Align data projects with organisational goals
- Guide the product team in data collection and analysis
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience in a data science role - not necessarily in a leadership position, we’re willing to work with the right candidate to grow leadership skills
- Knowledge of data management and visualisation techniques
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Good knowledge of modelling languages such as R, Python, Matlab etc
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A business mindset
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar business experience
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of the most innovative fintech companies in the UK.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off.
- Tonnes of opportunities for progression and development.
- Great location next to the Thames (Cannon Street/Bank) or fantastic location just outside Chester
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool.
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- Regular company socials.
- A flexible working environment (
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.