We’re building a movement - an education revolution.
We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions. We simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process. Not only do we help students with their study abroad journey, but we also help academic institutions to find the best students globally. Our goal is to help enable better, more diverse, schools that are enriched with cultures from all over the world.
ApplyBoard is looking for a Data Scientist that values collaboration and nurtures innovation while working in an energetic team. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in statistics, data science, and/or pattern recognition who will be valuable to organize, interpret and transform large datasets into actionable intelligence. In this role, it is expected to use best practices to identify data-driven opportunities for innovation, build analytics, and create machine learning models for deployment across the company.
- Partner with our Sales and Marketing teams to address various needs.
- Utilize various data science skills (such as regression mode, survival models, LTV models, time series analysis and prediction, etc.) to guide the various business decisions.
- Guide data strategies to interpret and predict human behavior
- Work with an innovative team to shape the future using objective data-driven decisions
- Identify and qualify new data sources, techniques, and datasets to enhance insight
- Facilitate and support the use of sound analytical practices across the organization
- Analyze large, raw, and potentially noisy datasets to derive actionable intelligence
- Interpret relevant insights from diverse datasets including time-series data
- Validate results using best practices in math and statistics
- Visualize and present insights and models clearly and effectively to diverse audiences
- Create machine learning models to build a world-class data driven product
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science, finance, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in Data Science and/or Machine Learning
- Experience working with Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, adapt, and solve tough problems
- Strong analytical skills, strong model and software development skills and an open mind
- Experience and passion for applying statistical and data mining techniques to overcome real world challenges - deriving intelligence from data
- Experience writing complete, clear, and concise designs, data models, and algorithms
- Highly proficient at disseminating complex technical concepts in both written and oral forms with the ability to communicate this across all levels of the business
- Experience building data-driven software solutions with Python
- Experience querying and analyzing data using SQL
- Experience with visualization tools ( Tableau, Plot.ly/Dash, Pentaho, Power BI)
- Driven, passionate and creative, and thrives in a fast-paced environment
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to be part of one of the fastest-growing technology companies, not only in Canada but the world. With that, you will have many opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of more than 1,000 team members from 25+ countries, representing 30+ nationalities, and speaking 50+ languages.
Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities.
ApplyBoard empowers students around the world to access the best education by simplifying the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process to more than 1,500 institutions across Canada, Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. ApplyBoard, headquartered in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, has helped more than 200,000 students from more than 125 countries along their educational journeys since 2015.
ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list in 2019 and #2 in 2020. ApplyBoard was also been named to LinkedIn’s list of Top Startups in 2020 and TechTO’s list of top Canadian Rocketship companies to accelerate your career in the Tech Industry.
In 2021, ApplyBoard announced a C$375M Series D funding on a C$4B valuation. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team around the world, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world. Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.