We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our data engineering team, which is responsible for the data pipelines as well as the storage and analytics for our AML (Anti-Money Laundering) solution. As a Data Scientist, you'll collaborate with software engineers and data analysts to create powerful analytics solutions be the thought leader in developing methods and advanced visualizations which offer insights into our data and its dynamics. You will propose the right technologies for the job and make sure that the development team knows the problems and follows your recommendations to incorporate the right solutions throughout the implementation.
Every day we look to solve highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital (and very recently Series B - led by Index Ventures), and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally into international markets.
To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people onboard to help us do this.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making
- You will analyse the data in our knowledge base and propose an integrated analytics and BI solution for the purpose of data explainability, data dynamics and data exploration.
- You will be the thought leader for exploring new ways of visualising and perceiving the data that we own.
- You will be mostly using exploratory data analysis and data mining techniques to identify actionable items for product improvement.
- You will provide data insights and powerful visualisations which will act as insights for new ideas that will be part of our product roadmap.
- You will collaborate with different teams to perform cross data source analysis for better data dynamics understanding.
- You will work closely with the engineering team to implement integrated BI solutions.
- You will be involved in the business planning phase to identify and understand new data sources as well as suggest optimal data preparation methodologies.
What does success look like in 12 months
- You have gained a deep understanding of existing data, data sources, related challenges and transformation patterns in the data and have a vision of how the data is changed from ingestion to presentation in the UI.
- You have proposed and implemented a structured preparation pipeline for data that should be visualised, with the help of the engineering team.
- You have adopted / developed an integrated visualisation solution and defined the most important BI / visualisation scenarios which will be key for understanding the dynamics of our data.
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable, and you have pertinent arguments in favor of your proposals.
- You can guide the team towards the established objectives. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify technical and soft skill areas that need improving. You have been actively mentoring team members to improve their skills and expand their knowledge base.
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Deep understanding of data mining principles, tools and processes
- Proven experience of statistical data analysis and visual analytics
- Experience of working with MongoDB and/or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with data manipulation libraries e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy
- Experience with visualisation libraries, e.g. matplotlib / seaborn / plotly
- Knowledge of basic machine learning techniques (supervised and unsupervised)
- Proficient in scripting languages (R / Python / Matlab / Mathematica etc.)
- Good understanding of data-oriented product life cycle
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the well-known distributed data analytics frameworks (Apache Hadoop / Spark / Flink / ElasticSearch etc).
- Experience in leading a team.
Ideally, you will:
- Be commercially-aware and have the ability to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Have an outstanding level of attention to details
- Be a great team player. In our company we support each other, thus we need someone that can easily integrate with the other members of the team
- Be eager to learn new things and be in a continuous process of improving yourself
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company health care plan
- Meal tickets
- Share options scheme
- Generous annual leave arrangements