Every day we look to solve highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal money transfers. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing Series A in a funding round led by Balderton Capital, and tripling our revenue each year, we are now scaling the business globally into international markets.
To achieve this, we are significantly growing our team and we need the best people onboard to help us do this.
The team values that ComplyAdvantage subscribes to include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Go the extra mile - we succeed as a team, and share our achievements and failures
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Inclusion - be respectful, friendly and include others in decision making
- You will have ownership of the data quality; you will be designing quality metrics for the data that we own.
- You will be the thought leader for exploring new ways of improving the quality of our systems and of the data flowing through them.
- You will be working with the engineering team to define and automate data testing processes.
- You will be mostly using exploratory data analysis and data mining techniques to identify actionable items for product improvement.
- You will provide data insights and powerful visualisations which will act as insights for new ideas that will be part of our product roadmap.
- You will collaborate with different teams to perform cross data source analysis for better data unification.
- You will be involved in the business planning phase to identify and understand new data sources as well as suggest optimal data preparation methodologies.
- You will be involved in research to identify new data sources and suggest optimal ETL processes to ingest data.
What does success look like in 12 months
- You have established data testing framework for the project, devised data metrics and integrated them in the testing pipeline. You have enabled the engineering team to work on data validation and deployment smoothly.
- You have gained a deep understanding of existing data sources, related challenges and potential improvements and have developed a roadmap to improve data quality.
- You have structured data cleaning and normalisation pipeline for various data sources with the help of the engineering team.
- You are continuously researching tools, technologies, frameworks and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hyped and what is valuable, and you have pertinent arguments in favor of your proposals.
- You can guide the team towards the established objectives. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify technical and soft skill areas that need improving. You have been actively mentoring team members to improve their skills and expand their knowledge base
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Deep understanding of data mining principles, tools and processes
- Experience of statistical data analysis and visual analytics
- Experience of working with mongodb and/or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with ML and data manipulation libraries e.g. pandas, scikit-learn, numpy
- Experience with visualisation libraries, e.g. matplotlib / seaborn / plotly
- Proficient in scripting languages (R / Python / Matlab / Mathematica etc.)
- Good understanding of data-oriented product life cycle
- Hands-on experience in distributed data analytics (Hadoop / Spark / Flink etc) is a plus
Ideally, you will:
- Have a love for data analysis and deeply believe in evidence-based decision making, thus you should be familiar with at least one of Microsoft Excel, Access, or another database or spreadsheet application
- Have an understanding of how HTML, RegEx work, i.e. so you would be able to create Xpaths for selecting what you want to extract from a certain website
- Be commercially-aware and have the ability to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Have an outstanding level of attention to details
- Be a great team player. In our company we support each other, thus we need someone that can easily integrate with the other members of the team
- Be eager to learn new things and be in a continuous process of improving yourself
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company health care plan
- Meal tickets
- Share options scheme
- Generous annual leave arrangements