We're building a digital insurer of the future. We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We're trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we've got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are a team of 75, have 10s of thousands of customers, a 4.5* trustpilot and are backed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify.
This role is fundamental to the financial results of the business and you will see the direct impact of your work in the company’s top and bottom lines. This role will enable you to work on a variety of data tasks including building, deploying and monitoring models, creating visualisations, and improving existing methodologies.
You will be working closely with our current data science team Paul, Rob, Andreas, Morgan + a host of other engineers, product managers and business stakeholders
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
What you'll be doing 🤔
- Tackling business problems using large in-house and external datasets
- Constructing future proof data pipelines
- Building, deploying and monitoring machine learning models
- Visualising and presenting results to stakeholders
Who you are 🙋
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership over their work
- You are honest to colleagues and are comfortable with giving and receiving feedback
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working as part of a team and sharing successes
- You enjoy problem-solving and creating innovative solutions
- You are curious and have a can do attitude
Needed skills and experience
- Strong coding ability in Python, SQL
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Ability to manipulate large data sets
- At least 1 year commercial experience
Experiences that will help you 🎓
- A 1st class STEM degree from a top institution
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills
- Experience building machine learning models
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Health insurance 🏥
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Budget to help you set up working from home 🕑
- Learning and training 📚
- Our process consists of a intial conversation, a tech test, and up to two video interviews.
- Due to Covid we are mainly working from home and we have an office space in Farringdon. You will be sent the equipment you need for a good set-up at home
- We will let you know if we are going to invite you to interview or not. However, we are a small team so cannot provide feedback on your application