Data science and teamwork your ideals? Come join our fast growing data team on one of our largest prime contracts in Virginia. This group works together onsite to support this awesome, mission-focused program. The system they are building will play a major role in how the customer conducts its primary mission for years to come!
What you will be doing:
- Analyze both structured and unstructured data using data analytics, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques.
- Train and optimize machine learning models and coordinate with data engineering components to deploy trained models to work on production data at scale.
- Scale up prototype models and workflows to distributed clusters.
What you need:
- Demonstrate Python development background with expertise in Python data analytics packages such as pandas, numpy, scipy, gensim, and scikit-learn.
- Demonstrate database technologies, including Elasticsearch and SQL databases
- Demonstrate data pipelines and workflow technologies, such as Apache NiFi
- Demonstrate task tracking and version control technology, such as GitHub and JIRA
- Demonstrate artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies/packages, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and scikit-learn
- Demonstrate machine learning model development on text data and structured datasets
- Demonstrate data visualization technologies and packages, such as Kibana, Bokeh, Leaflet/Folium, and Tableau
- Demonstarte experience developing in a cloud environment, such as Amazon Web Services
Active TS/SCI with an appropriate polygraph is required to be considered for this role
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.