Thrive Global is developing a state-of-the-art measurement and behavior change tool to impact individual and organizational well-being and productivity. The marriage of data and analytics, our best-in-class content and science-backed behavior change IP will help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it, enabling millions of consumers to begin the Thrive behavior change journey. We’re building a dynamic tech team with a passion for our mission and top-notch skills to help us make this a reality.
As a Data Scientist, your mission is to help use data and analytics to power our product and better the lives of people around the world. You will have the opportunity to influence strategic decision-making across the organization and be responsible for embedding customer data and insights into key business initiatives including the strategic planning process and product roadmap.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A collaborator who enjoys working with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo; someone who is passionate about using data for positive behavior change and is comfortable taking advantage of unstructured data to understand how our customers interact with our product and services.
- A skilled communicator who can make recommendations by clearly articulating value and tradoffs
- Someone with a strong knowledge and experience in statistics and relevant programs, languages and tools.
- A professional who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines.
- Someone who is energized by the dynamics of a start-up environment, demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness and high energy to get work done.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop a deep understanding of all the data relevant to the problem to be addressed.
- Establish deterministic and probabilistic linkages between data sources and develop ways to extract and summarize the sought information in the data using a wide variety of statistical, data mining and machine learning techniques.
- Work with product managers to drive strategy and execution to achieve product adoption goals.
- Develop data infrastructure (data pipelines, reports etc.) and other tools to make analytics easier and more effective.
- Help put in place the infrastructure and mechanisms to share insights across the organization with the goal of keeping the customer at the center of everything we do and enabling faster, more informed decision-making.
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team; use computational tools including R and SQL to produce predictive analytics packages for operational deployment.
- Create prototypes of productizable ways to perform the analysis at scale, provide documentation and help educate your colleagues in different functions about the solution.
What we offer:
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Thrive Global’s mission is to end the stress and burnout epidemic by offering companies and individuals sustainable, science-based solutions to enhance well-being, performance, and purpose, and create a healthier relationship with technology. Recent science has shown that the pervasive belief that burnout is the price we must pay for success is a delusion. We know, instead, that when we prioritize our well-being, our decision-making, creativity, and productivity improve dramatically. Thrive Global is committed to accelerating the culture shift that allows people to reclaim their lives and move from merely surviving to thriving.