fromAtoB is looking for a highly-skilled mid/senior level Data Scientist based in Berlin.
Our mission is to help everyone find the best way to get from A to B. We care about the customer experience and we’re building a platform that integrates and analyses hundreds of routes, stations, providers and fares. Thanks to our transportation networks understanding, we are always developing and improving our algorithms.
Every search, intelligent routing, booking, payment, email and every other bit of logic we do, allows someone to travel. As a Data Scientist at fromAtoB, your ambition and enthusiasm are required to convert people into happy travelers. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our friendly team spirit, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- You'll be part of a small R&D focussed data science unit, with the aim of incubating and prototyping new ideas to disrupt the travel sector
- Additionally, you'll be attached to a cross-functional team, providing the opportunity to collaborate with people with diverse skill-sets
- You'll have the opportunity to affect strategic shift in business and operational decisions based upon your analysis
- You'll have freedom to work on projects you consider the most impactful
- You'll be able to guide and drive the data-focused future of our company
- 5+ years in the Python ML scientific eco-system: Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Scipy, Prophet, Networkx, graph-tool, Pytorch, FastAI, TensorFlow, Keras
- Degree or above in appropriate discipline (not essential, but demonstrable equivalent ability)
- High proficiency level of English
Is this you? Then, we’d love to talk!
- You are a autonomous, creative thinker, love patterns and are ‘driven by a thirst for knowledge’
- You love building things (that work)
- You expect to have sparky discussions, and bounce ideas around in your workplace
- You are positive and optimistic, excited by possibility
- You like the idea of working in Research & Development
- You can be pointed in the right direction and go and get the data
- You enjoy competing in Kaggle competitions
- You can analyse a problem, figure out what the right questions should be, and answer them
- You have ideas for impactful product enhancements/ or analysis and are able to execute them
- 30 days of paid time off
- 20% discount on personal travel
- Flexible working hours and a casual working environment
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Continuously evaluation and trial of new technologies to see if they can solve today's or tomorrows problems easier, simpler or better
- Fresh fruit & drinks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’d love to talk!
Please submit your complete application with salary expectations to join-our-team at fromatob.com or apply directly from our Career website.