Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Compliance Analytics Associate will work within the Compliance Tools team to develop, maintain, tune and enhance key compliance systems and tools. Compliance Tools include but are not limited to Transaction Monitoring System (TMS), Global Customer Screening, KYC/Onboarding and Consumer Risk Rating.
The ideal candidate should have strong data analytics, SQL, and data visualization skills. In addition, the candidate should have working knowledge of BSA/AML compliance, transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and customer risk rating.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner with Compliance teams globally to develop, maintain, tune and improve Compliance Tools.
- Develop and improve metrics and dashboards measuring system performance.
- Perform data analysis and assist the Compliance team in project scoping and documentation.
- Gather system requirements from compliance end-users and business partners to improve workflow, meet regulatory requirements and launch new offerings (e.g. new currency launch, product changes and expansion in new jurisdictions).
- Perform testing of system changes, track bug fixes, resolve open deficiencies and detail the results of testing and user acceptance.
- Test data ETL (extraction, transformation and load) from upstream production systems into the data repository, and from the data repository into the Compliance Tools.
- Assist in creating, tuning and optimizing transaction monitoring detection models in TMS, including above-the-line and below-the-line testing.
- Assist in screening configuration of Sanctions, PEP and Adverse Media screening systems and screening profiles as needed.
- Translate requirements into system functionalities and liaise with Data and Engineering teams to implement system changes.
- Build metrics and reports for internal Compliance stakeholders and external regulators.
- Profile user and transaction data and identify TMS rule improvements.
- Assist in the ongoing development and improvement of program management tools.
- Maintain system documentation for future regulatory reviews.
- Produce Compliance system performance metrics dashboards, reports and extracts as required.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Compliance Tools experience: transaction monitoring, sanctions screening and/or risk rating.
- Excellent analytical skills; strong SQL and data visualization skills.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC): requirements development, system design, development, testing and production launch.
- Understanding of BSA/AML compliance program, AML transaction monitoring and screening (Sanctions, PEP, Adverse Media) controls.
- Ability to optimally collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal direction.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency