Coalition is the leading provider of cyber insurance and security, combining comprehensive insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help businesses manage and mitigate cyber risk. Coalition’s unique product offerings combine best-in-class insurance and proactive cybersecurity tools to help keep businesses safe. Cyber losses cost the global economy upwards of $1.5 trillion each year, and yet the majority of businesses are under-insured and under-prepared to manage and mitigate the risks of an increasingly digital world. Coalition is addressing this gap by providing no-cost cybersecurity tools to prevent losses, security and incident response services to contain them, and comprehensive cyber insurance to help organizations recover. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2017, Coalition has raised $125M from a number of top tier global investment firms including Ribbit Capital, Greenoaks Capital, Valor Equity Partners, Felicis Ventures, and Vy Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco, Coalition’s team is distributed across more than 15 locations globally, including Austin, Washington DC, Denver, Canada and Portugal.
About the Role
Coalition is looking for a business-focused data scientist to help us power our Growth and Product initiatives. In this role, you’ll use analytics, experimentation, and predictive modeling to turn the large amount of data we collect into measurable business impact.
- Utilize analytics, statistics, and experimental design to measure business performance and propose data-driven improvements to Growth & Product initiatives
- Work closely with engineering teams to identify and address tracking, tooling and infrastructure challenges to develop best-in-class data solutions
- Help scale the business by turning one-off analyses into automated processes via high-quality code
- Contribute towards our analytics engineering codebase (DBT/Snowflake/Looker) and be an active participant within the team of building the best data science workflow
- Evangelize the adoption of experimentation best practices across the company
- Experience working directly with business teams to define metrics, analyze problems, and propose solutions
- Strong ability in Python, R or a similar scripting language, with experience interacting with a shared codebase
- A fundamental grasp of statistics - can perform sample size calculations and reason through error distributions for A/B tests
- An understanding of analytics infrastructure and the trade-offs of different data products.
- Understanding of big data and real-time processing systems and tools (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, Kafka, Storm etc.)
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We’re looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.