Would you like to translate terabytes of data into unforgettable holidays for millions of people around the globe? Booking.com, the world’s largest accommodation booking website, is looking for rock star Data Scientists to join our highly successful Personalization Team within the Front End department.
This product development team crunches endless amounts of data to provide our customers with the best possible experience. They focus on anything from understanding and predicting market data, to ranking all properties on our website, and providing our customers with the most relevant personalized recommendations.
As a Data Scientist you’ll work side by side with Developers, Designers and Product Owners, and take full ownership of your work - from the initial idea-generation phase to the implementation of the final product on our website. Our ideal candidate is result-focused, innovative and has solid quantitative background and a good business understanding.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team where you’ll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models. You’ll use the model’s output to create and improve products for our customers, preferably in short development cycles
- Research & Development on how to improve customers’ experience, by using our vast amount of data
- Actively contribute to taking Data Science at Booking.com to the next level
- Contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Excellent English communication skills; the ability to convey your message to team members and other stakeholders
- Prior experience with a few of the following models: Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Game Theory, Mechanism Design and/or Latent Dirichlet Allocation
- Experience with at least one scripting language, e.g. R, Octave, and one programming language, e.g. Python, Perl, C/C++, Java
- Exposure to SQL and relational databases
- Experience implementing a real-world Recommender or Ranking system
- Worked with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Implemented multi-core/distributed software, preferably in a Linux environment