Our Technology team is one of the best in the business and is the fuel behind Adthena’s platform. From patented machine learning methods, to developing an award-winning application, our Technology team is continuously innovating and enabling technology to solve real problems for our customers. We are looking for a proficient Data Scientist who is excited about working with some of the most talented data scientist in the industry to build amazing technologies and develop their career to be the best at what they do.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, numerate discipline from a leading university or equivalent practical experience.
- Commercial hands-on data science experience developing statistical, machine learning and deep learning methods, such as search queries classification, named entity recognition and domain knowledge graphs, optimisation etc.
- Strong understanding of recent exciting advances in NLP such as pre-trained language models, contextualised word embeddings, attention and novel neural network architectures
- Confident writing production quality code preferably in Python and SQL
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Passion for Data Science, actively seeking out opportunities for learning and development.
- Experience with PyTorch and related applications frameworks. Additional experience with high performance cloud computing services (e.g. Amazon AWS) would be beneficial.
- Experience in computational advertising related tasks, such as ads response (click or conversion) prediction, bid-landscape forecasting, supply-demand forecasting, or advertising metrics and measurement
- Good knowledge using 3rd party data (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Omniture Analytics, Adobe Campaign etc.) would be an advantage
- Able to present complicated data insights and strategic recommendations within a fast paced Agile environment
- Rapidly design, prototype and experiment possible machine learning and deep learning algorithms to solve real-world problems in a highly ambiguous environment of search advertising
- Maintain and enhance existing Adthena ML and AI models including resolution of client issues related to any model performance.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to integrate successful solutions into large-scale, highly complex Adthena production systems
- Facilitate thought leadership and best practices on data science across the business to continually improve the existed approaches and values
- Effectively communicate data findings and helps team/business make data-driven decisions
- Take ownership and pride in the products we build and always make sure they are of highest standard
- Be empathetic towards team members and customers
Technologies We Use at Adthena across our Technology Teams
- Languages: Python, R, and SQL
- Toolkits: Pytorch, Tensorflow, Fastai, Flair, BigGraph, Optuna, Horovod, ONNX
- Visualizations: Flask, Shiny, Flexdashboard, Plotly, Highchart, Bokeh, Altair
- Databases: PostgreSQL, AWS(S3), Redshift, Redis, MongoDB, CassandraTechnologies: Luigi, RabbitMQ (messaging), Quartz scheduling, Docker and Kubernetes, MavenCI/CD: TeamCity, Jenkins
- Source Control: Git (GitHub)
- Other Tools: Pycharm, Sublime Text, Netron, Jira, Miro
About the Data Science Team
Joining Adthena’s award winning Data Science team will give you the chance to work with the latest Machine Learning techniques using cutting edge frameworks such as Neural nets with PyTorch, NLP using Zero-shot learning and BERT, or Optimisation models that run on huge datasets with billions of data points.
The size of our datasets means that you will also be working with our experienced data team, led by published authors, to distribute and productionsie your models. You’ll be part of a fast-paced agile team, ideating, researching, inventing, developing and maintaining all ML/DL models and artificial intelligence at Adthena. With award winning data scientists from multidisciplinary backgrounds, across Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science and Psychology, we are a friendly, passionate group of data scientists making a career out of building great products for our customers.
The Adthena data science team is revolutionising the search advertising industry, and our patented technology is a market leader in competitive intelligence. We are prototyping new learning algorithms that underpin our core product, used by some of the worlds biggest brands. The team focuses inventing new data-driven features and helping customers better understand their competitive search landscape (e.g. click through rates, spend estimates, ad copy effectiveness.) These are challenging, unsolved data problems applicable to thousands of major enterprises globally.
Our data science culture is underpinned by sharing knowledge, coaching and growing together. You will have the opportunity to explore / innovate new technologies, mentor data scientists and lead R&D initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you love data, writing code, learning cutting edge new technologies, solving problems and winning as a team.
Adthena’s mission is a world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers. This statement is key to our ethos here at Adthena and is backed by our Whole Market View technology, a dynamic, AI-driven, data model that is unique for each advertiser, representing their entire relevant search landscape. Powered by our patented machine learning technology, Whole Market View provides the comprehensive data scope and quality required by the world’s leading advertisers to precisely assess competitive opportunities at scale across their entire market, without limitations. We index information hourly, processing over 10TB of new data, 500 million adverts and 200 million keywords across 15 different languages each day. The segmented data is presented in an intuitive format, helping digital marketers to understand their landscape and acquire more customers. The technology has also won a number of awards for its ease of use and value added to clients including: Best Search Software Tool at the UK Search Awards 2016, Technical Innovation of the Year at the Drum Search Awards 2017, Best Search Technology of the Year at the Biddable Media Awards 2017 and Best Tech Platform at the DADI awards 2017. Adthena was founded by Ian O’Rourke and is backed by Mel Morris, the entrepreneur behind Candy Crush and former chairman of King.com.
A world of search transparency where precise ads connect marketers to consumers
Empower marketers to optimally reach, acquire, and retain consumers with unique data-driven search intelligence.
Deliver Remarkable Quality
Get Shit Done!
Freedom with Responsibility
Smart and Always Improving
Things that make Adthena Unique
Machine-Learned Whole Market View
AI-Driven Data Segmentation
Automated trend detection & monitoring technology
Built for Client Value and Outcomes
World Class Customer Success