You will be one of the first members of Skillshare’s new dedicated data team within Product. Helping build up this team from scratch, you will be leading the charge on data collection and transformation, guiding product decisions across the company. On a daily basis, you will ensure we’re collecting the right data on all existing and new features, work closely with our Engineering team to capture signals, test out new algorithms, and make strategic recommendations for the business/product. You'll be working on a range of challenges, e.g. collaborative filtering/recommendation, spam detection, search ranking, etc. If you're excited about building great product experience and setting the stage for more sophisticated data usage and algorithms, come join us!
Who are you?
- An experienced data scientist with a passion for using your skills to solve big challenges
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, and see yourself as a partner with the shared goal of moving the business forward.
What you need to be successful
- Prior experience on a data science team
- Ability to work independently and drive projects forward
- Comfortable mentoring others to help improve data collection and usage across the organization
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
Why you want this job
- The long-term opportunity - we are looking for someone who can launch a new team that will become a major driver of our product and business
- Our mission and vision - we recognize that talent is equally distributed, but education and opportunity are not; you will join a team that will give millions of people across the globe access to both
- The challenge - you will never, ever, ever be bored; yes you will be asked to roll up your sleeves and do some data crunching, but we are making some very interesting bets and will look to you to play a key role in how we make and assess those decisions
- The team - who you work for and with is often the number one factor in job satisfaction and professional development; you will work with a team that has found success in more than one company and has the pattern recognition to do it again
Skillshare’s mission is to create an open meritocracy in the new economy by providing universal access to professional development and opportunities. With more than 15,000 classes taught by 4,000+ practicing professionals, we have helped more than 2.5 million students build the skills they need to succeed. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia and Omidyar Network.