ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
The Data Science team at Thrive constantly innovates and builds highly personalized experiences for our members. As part of the team, you will leveraging machine learning and exploratory analyses to drive customer segmentation, LTV and churn prediction, and media mix models to optimize acquisition budgets for maximum ROI. You will also leverage machine learning and deep learning to provide a cutting-edge and highly personalized 1X1 experience to our members and provide targeted discovery of products and offerings. You will be empowered to be autonomous and drive critical initiatives that help drive the mission forward and drive the company through data-driven insights and recommendations.
Thrive Market ranked #2 in the Sailthru ranking of e-commerce companies that provide a highly personalized user experience to members in 2020.
- Identify and evaluate various business insights for both opportunities and threats that encompass all aspects of our business
- Develop strong working relationships with team members across departments, gathering requirements and understanding their drivers
- Convey concise and actionable stories through data to different stakeholders of the company
- Employ machine learning methods where needed to optimize business metrics
- Work with other members of the Data team to develop and refine algorithms
- Work with internal teams to research, prototype and deliver applied machine learning solutions where needed
- M.S. or Ph.D degree in statistics, computer science, operations research, computational physics or related field
- At least 3+ years of data science experience in e-commerce, SaaS, or other digital based businesses
- Strong understanding of online advertising, A/B testing, cohort analysis, conversion optimization, customer segmentation, etc
- Experience with supervised and unsupervised data mining algorithms like support vector machines, boosting, LDA, and logistic regression, etc..
- Proficiency in at least one high level programming language like Java / Scala / Python / C++
- Experience with large scale data analysis in Pig, Hive or Spark is a plus
- Experience using a data visualization program such as Tableau or related program
- Excellent communication skills, fun personality and a strong sense of curiosity
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1Million + members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist you.
© Thrive Market 2022 All rights reserved.