Wargaming is looking to bring in a Data Scientist to our Data Science team of seasoned researches and analysts. The ideal candidate will both help handle more analytical tasks and share their knowledge and experience with colleagues.
The team’s mission is to crystallize information from all sorts of sources, such as log files (describing players’ behavior both on the web and within a game, in particular), payment information, survey results, the analysis of forum and chat messages, various databases, and more. Next, the insights are handed over to other specialists (game designers, developers, marketing specialists) who use them to improve the company’s product quality.
A variety of tasks coming from a variety of clients leaves no room for routine in our work: each new project is an interesting challenge.
Sr. Manager of Data Science and Data Science Team Leader
What will you do?
- Devise machine learning models to predict players’ behavior (in-game activity changes, future purchases, interest in content, etc.) within the company’s projects
- Analyze data to describe the player lifecycle and reveal the ways new in-game opportunities and modes influence players
- Transform questions posed by game designers, marketing specialists and the company’s other specialists into analytical studies and present their results to clients
- Draw up analytical reports in a fashion that is clear to business people
- Work out specifications for the created models for automation purposes as well as take part in their automation on an industry grade model lifecycle systems
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics, statistics or data mining, or a similar field requiring strong analytical skills
- Experience dealing with structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of probability theory and mathematical statistics
- Well-versed and experienced in cluster, discriminant and regression analysis, as well as data mining and machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Experience creating predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- Experience coding in Python (preferred) or R
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What will help you stand out?
- Experience dealing with big data
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop
- Advanced data visualization skills
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, QlikView, etc.)
- Experience working with data analysis tools (SAS, SPSS, Statistica, and the like)
- Basic knowledge of business analysis
- Experience with applying deep neural networks to text- and image analysis
- Ability to prepare analytical reports both in English and Russian
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!