A sorcerer is a wizard. AirMap needs data wizards. The Data Sourcing Group is responsible for finding, curating, and normalizing thousands of static and dynamic data sources, including aeronautical datasets, geospatial reference datasets, meteorological datasets, obstacle and terrain datasets, and laws and regulations. You must be thorough, accurate, and precise. You will work collaboratively with other members of the AirMap team, particularly data pipeline engineers and our public policy team, to build, test, and continually improve AirMap’s distributed, dynamic geospatial database. We are passionate about the work we do helping build the future of unmanned aircraft.
Attributes of an AirMap Data Sorcerer:
- You love searching for information, calling and e-mailing people, investigating, digging in, and being ultimately resourceful until you get the information that you need. You leave no stone unturned.
- You know how to take large amounts of data from heterogeneous sources, normalize and validate them, and turn them into useful information.
- You care about the integrity of the data we provide and the value we receive.
- You have experience working with geospatial data or interpreting laws and regulations.
- You are proficient with spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- You’re a highly effective written and verbal communicator.
- You're great at organization.
- You’re a doer – you lead by example and are excited by the opportunity to learn and grow in a fun environment.
Bonus Points if…
- You understand aviation regulations.
- You are a paralegal.
- You get the Agile development environment.
- You know how to spot and fix errors and inconsistencies in geographic data (raster and vector), either by writing a program, using a spatial database, or using a GIS.
- You know the differences between a geographic coordinate system and a map projection.
- You know how to combine geographic datasets from different projection systems.
- You know how to make beautiful maps.
- You are a licensed pilot or former air traffic controller (prefer CFI).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.