As a member of the database operations team is responsible for Microsoft SQL Server database, troubleshooting, performance tuning, monitoring database, and able to support 24x7 in production.
- Proactive and reactive monitoring of databases systems to provide 24 x 7 uptime and availability across multiple datacenters
- Deploy database changes
- Administers database security and maintains logins.
- Administers database backup and restore.
- Writes and maintains appropriate documentation of policies and procedures for database administration functions.
- Handles on-call issues, responding to automated monitoring notifications and calls from other staff as required.
- Communicating and reviewing database solutions, technical, applications with Operations Staff and external entities to ensure database integrity and security
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in computer science or any related field
- at least 1 year of experience in SQL programming
- Basic skill in MS SQL Server
- Discipline on change management, problem and incident management
- Be able to attend in on-call rotation
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team player and able to work independently.
Highly desirable advantages skills:
- MS SQL Server , ORACLE experience will be considered