General Description of the Program
GOAL began working in Turkey in 2014, responding to the needs of refugees displaced from Kobane. Subsequently, GOAL has worked towards creating a multi-donor programme in the Hatay and Adana region with a particular focus on health care programing, whilst also incorporating livelihoods and emergency support components.
The Database Officer supports GOAL projects by ensuring accurate and up to date data is available for all programme activities and by providing quantitative and qualitative information to programme manager and senior management team.
- Provide feedback on the database template for input and recording of all program information;
- Assist with the development of database(s) in consultation with the MHC Manager and GOAL relevant staff;
- Maintain up to date records that can track and follow up on: beneficiaries information, referral cases, Provision of Services, Service Providers, Program Partners;
- Coordinate closely with the MHC manager and with the other staff who collects any data to ensure data collected is consistent across the database;
- Ensure data gathered is clearly defined and categorized appropriately;
- Ensure users access data concurrently, in a confidential form that suits their needs;
- Ensure there is provision for data security, weekly backup and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency);
- Ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Provide training and IT assistance, and hardware and software trouble shooting to staff;
- Submit progress and status reports to the MHC manager and GOAL;
- Support registration process;
- Record all activities in the activity database;
- Produce weekly confidential activity reports for the attention of the MHC manager and GOAL;
- Perform other duties as required by the MHC manager.
- Experience in database development, monitoring, evaluation, database management, capacity-building and/or program support preferred;
- Two years work experience a similar role, preferably with humanitarian and relief organizations;
- Excellent analytical, computer, and communication skills;
- Positive attitude;
- Excellent problem solving, creativity, and critical thinking skills;
- Knowledge of logical frameworks, M&E tools and Database development is a plus;
- Knowledge of standard Data Base procedures and practices required;
- University degree in IT/Data & computer engineering related areas, or at least 3 years of working experience in IT and database management systems (MySQL, MS ACCESS, And MS Excel);
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Outlook Express;
- Good knowledge in data collecting platforms (Open Data Kit ODK, Kobo Collect, JotForm …) is an asset;
- Strong archiving skills;
- Strong background/experience in Quantitative analysis is an asset;
- Demonstrated skills in PC troubleshooting, software and hardware support, networking, data backup, creating data entry forms and generating database reports;
- Excellent written and oral skills in Turkish, Arabic is an asset.
Please apply before 09/03/2016. We would encourage interested applicants to submit their CV as soon as possible.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL’s work in Turkey is rapidly growing and changing and GOAL reserves the right to change your job title, description or duties, having reasonable regard to your skills. Employees are expected to assume new assignments enthusiastically and perform to the best of their abilities.