AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for DC Financial Analyst. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
It is the job of the Logistics Department to get AdvancePierre Foods products to the customer in the most efficient manner while maintaining a high quality of professionalism in the field.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintain familiarity with the General Ledger coding system of AdvancePierre Foods
- Audit, code, and submit for payment Distribution Center, warehouse, and transportation invoices
- Audit Penske invoices before submitting for payment
- Maintain tracking to ensure timeliness of vendor invoices
- Provide tracking of various items such as fuel purchases, Penske costs, and dropped loads
- Assist with weekly reporting on KPI’s, inventory, and productivity initiatives
- Support Financial Logistics Manager and Finance Controller with month end close process
- Manage rate change requests in Lean
- POD requests for Auditors, Customer Service and Trade spend
- Input Canada transportation costs into Lean manually
- Process credits for Dropped Loads
- Provide payment status on invoices from carriers and vendors
- Manage and maintain Discrepancies in Lean TMS
- Process new vendor set-ups
- Create and process purchase orders for the Distribution Center
- Process balance dues for all carriers
- Assist with Inventory reporting for cycle counts when needed
- Upload shuttle POD’s into Lean
- Submit checks to Accounts Receivable for deposit
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understand the full accounting cycle.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to manipulate data efficiently and effectively. Ability to demonstrate excellent research methods.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data; superior use of computer programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university that has been accredited by the Department of Education; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
If you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!