The Debug Engineer is responsible for conducting a suite of tests which includes set-up, debug, Failure Analysis (FA), RCA (Root Cause Analysis), bug tracking, along with documentation and reporting test results. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with electronic devices, PCBAs, component-level analysis, lab equipment and tools, and is able to support various test requirements from Quality engineers. Other responsibilities include proactively reporting issues, bugs and other observations with engineering staff via JIRA ticketing system, as well as instill best practice methods and documentation, create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
What you'll do:
- Systematically debug interesting populations of boards to identify patterns of failure or opportunities for improvement in board design
- Use a wide variety of standard lab test equipment such as multi-meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers to thoroughly test electronics’ performance
- Setup repeatable tests using automated test equipment control software via Ethernet, USB, GPIB, RS-232, etc.
- Repeatably solder and rework components on PCBAs (down to 0402 SMT component size)
- Track progress in Jira and understand BOM components and layout with a PLM system (i.e. Arena, Agile, etc.)
- Leverage a solid understanding of Electronics, particularly digital radio technology, to identify potentially hard to diagnose issues on boards after being used and potentially abused in the field
- Diligently work to diagnose hard to solve issues
We're looking for someone with:
- Minimum 7+ years hands-on experience in testing & debugging hardware components, PCBAs, components, circuits or systems
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Engineering background with good knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes; experience with RF, Wi-Fi products will be a plus
- Software/Firmware and test scripting experience is a plus
- Proactive self-starter with a willingness to learn and grow attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills in written and oral communication
- Tech-savvy and enthusiastic about new technology
- Can multi-task and prioritize projects
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.