Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 71 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As a Degree Marketing Manager, you will manage successful recruitment cycles and achieve cohort goals for our open degree programs, while building capabilities and infrastructure for the future success of these programs. You’ll shape our marketing messaging around degrees, develop a plan for reaching potential students, build a program to acquire and nurture qualified leads through the consideration cycle to the point of application, and coordinate with marketing departments at our partner universities.
You will have a direct impact on the growth and success of our degree programs and help shape the future of higher education. The right candidate will feel comfortable working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team and collaboration.
- Drive the marketing and recruitment strategy for a portfolio of degree and MasterTrack programs
- Partner with university marketing departments to share learnings, track progress against cohort goals, coordinate and execute comprehensive marketing plans, and ideate on new ways to engage potential students
- Collaborate with Coursera creative team to create visual and written assets such as email nurture series, promotional emails, content marketing blogs, onsite descriptions and paid promotions
- Design tests to create new marketing initiatives and measure efficacy to acquire degree learners on and off-platform
- Own database marketing execution and marketing automation strategy (via Marketo and internal email tools), including triggered and lifecycle email communications to nurture potential degree learners up to the point of application
- Collaborate with the analytics team to determine strategy and execution for reaching in-market potential degree applicants within Coursera’s learner database and understand how learners are progressing from interest to application for degree programs, iterating and improving over time
- Partner with other Marketing team members to drive new learner acquisition for degrees via PR, SEO, affiliate marketing, paid marketing, content marketing, social media, etc. to achieve target numbers of applicants and enrolled learners
- 4+ years of experience in marketing for a high consideration product (degree programs or other higher ed, B2B, high price consumer products, etc.)
- Superior quantitative marketing and reporting experience, ability to design tests and draw conclusions from data analysis
- Demonstrated history setting and achieving aggressive quantitative goals in admissions and recruitment
- Hands-on experience using CRM, email marketing, and paid advertising including best practices for high consideration products
- Demonstrated project management experience with ability to indirectly manage and build consensus across diverse teams
- Experience with web analytics tools, paid promotion platforms, B2B marketing automation technology and others
- A desire to build something new that can change the world, versus fitting neatly into a large company with an established static playbook
- Experience in client facing role managing complex relationships preferred
- Experience in marketing or admissions for higher education a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]