Away is excited to expand our ongoing commitment to DEI and we’re seeking a passionate Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager to champion and implement our DEI strategy and initiatives. Reporting to and partnering with the Chief People Officer, you will lead the development, execution and management of programs to promote DEI within Away while ensuring that these initiatives are clearly communicated, understood and successfully implemented as you share vocal thought leadership across the company.
The ideal candidate is someone who is an experienced DEI leader with a track record of successfully building a variety of DEI programs relevant to the population and needs of the organization, successfully assessing gaps, and measuring progress with a passion to promote meaningful, long lasting change. You’ve also executed creative programs throughout the employee lifecycle to ensure a diverse workforce and equitable internal practices. This is an amazing opportunity for a strong candidate to take on this important work at Away, as you will be the key architect in how Away designs and implements DEI initiatives.
As a company that truly values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert and effective thought partner to lead DEI efforts while you advise, coach and guide at all levels to build cultural competence
- Partner with CPO to identify, define and establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness and success of DEI programs
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to evaluate initiatives to ensure that DEI has been considered, including but not limited to People policies, practices, procedures, and internal communications
Partner collaboratively with People team members on L&D, inclusion advocacy and related initiatives throughout the employee lifecycle that enhance the employee experience and attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce
- Help define how Away’s DEI strategy aligns with our business goals and what drivers influence business decisions, in partnership with leaders across the company
- Stay current on DEI programs, research and developments; network and build relationships with professional and educational organizations and underrepresented groups; and consider opportunities to represent Away externally
- Be an authentic and trusted DEI advocate for employees and serve as a change champion at Away
- Create and facilitate safe spaces for honest and helpful dialogue around DEI while building trusted partnerships, credibility and influence
- Facilitate and co-facilitate DEI trainings, discussions, events, and programs
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop comprehensive diversity recruitment and retention strategies
- Partner with our ERGs and People Experience Lead to increase cultural awareness, support Away’s diversity goals, increase business impact, and employee’s sense of community
- Partner with our external DEI vendors and consultants on training and other initiatives e.g. our DEI Council, ongoing leadership training
- Influence decision-making and priorities through compelling data, analysis and recommendations
- Collaborate with internal communication owners to ensure that DEI is considered in all aspects of our internal and external communications, while owning regular communication of diversity initiatives, events and progress
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of directly relevant experience as a D&I practitioner developing D&I programs
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- You believe that DEI is truly your purpose and passion and you thrive on helping others develop understanding and application
- You have knowledge of federal and state EEO/AAP laws and compliance
- You have high EQ, strong self-awareness, integrity, professional ethic and safeguard confidential and sensitive information
- You’re a curious and open minded continuous learner
- You’re a strong self-starter who enjoys both autonomy and collaborating, requiring minimal direction
- You have excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- You’re an approachable relationship builder and trusted advisor who enjoys partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- You are results driven and can seamlessly translate data into useful insights for decision making and measuring impact
- You show strong attention to detail and have exceptional project management and organizational skills
- You maintain positivity, professionalism and poise in challenging situations and have a great sense of humor
- You’re hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You’re passionate about travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. You’ll have generous PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
We’re not just employees. We’re people. As a global company, our benefits and perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees’ wellbeing both inside and outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, and when we’re in the office, a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide training, and events, we’re building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent and impact our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
And so much more… (when we're in the office) Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, and organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened twelve stores across three countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that’s just the beginning!
We’ve been twice named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” one of TIME’s “50 Most Genius Companies,” and a Forbes “Next Billion Dollar Startup.” We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we’re expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open several new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We’re hiring!