Ripjar specialises in the development of software and data products that help governments and organisations combat serious financial crime. Our technology is used to identify criminal activity such as money laundering and terrorist financing and enables organisations to enforce sanctions at scale to help combat rogue entities and state actors.
Our team enables the delivery of high-quality software to a variety of environments through technical skills, process implementation and software management, anchored in a continuous innovation culture.
As a Delivery DevOps Engineer at Ripjar, you will play an active role in the delivery of high-quality software to a variety of environments through technical skills, process implementation and automation, and software management, anchored in a continuous innovation culture.
You will be responsible for successfully deploying and integrating our world-class technologies for our customers. You will also work closely with internal teams and customers to implement our solutions and solve their biggest challenges, representing Ripjar in complex environments where your creativity and problem-solving skills will be stretched to the maximum.
When you are not working on implementing and integrating our solutions you will be focused on building new capabilities that improve our Delivery process leveraging DevOps, Software Development and Data Processing skills in support of our Customers, Partners and Ripjar.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will support the deployment, configuration, and integration of Ripjar’s Labyrinth Screening Platform through the development of tooling and automation.
- Package and release Ripjar’s Labyrinth Screening Platform for SaaS and Enterprise customers.
- Continuously work to improve the packaging, deployment testing, and release procedures for Ripjar’s Labyrinth Screening Platform using automation and software engineering principles.
- Administer systems in development, reference, and operational environments.
- Undertake the automation of system provisioning, management, and monitoring.
- Develop solutions for customer-specific integrations and operational tasks.
- Provide deep support to our customers for technical issues relating to the deployment, configuration, and integration of our Labyrinth Screening platform.
We recognise that demonstrable skills in all these technologies is not easy to find. Don’t let that stop you from applying! We can work in partnership to identify your strengths and provide you with the training necessary to fill any gaps. The successful candidate should have the following skills:
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience of working with, managing, and administering Linux systems.
- Experience of Linux/UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience working with and administering NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Elasticsearch.
- Experience working with or administering messaging systems such as Apache Kafka.
- Experience working on complex distributed systems.
- You will be working with a large team of developers, and multiple customers, so you must have excellent communication and time management skills.
Bonus Technical Skills and Experience:
- Hands on experience working with Kubernetes.
- Experience using Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Terraform.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tooling.
- Experience working in AWS, Azure, GCP or other cloud-based platforms.
- Software engineering experience in Node.js
- Competitive base salary per year DOE.
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years of service.
- Hybrid working option for employees - 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
- Company Share Scheme.
- Private Family Healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Company contributions to your pension.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- The latest tech including a top of the range MacBook Pro.
- Candidates can work from our Cheltenham, Bristol or London offices
Ripjar’s Commitment to Diversity:
“Diversity is essential in the way we operate. Having people from different backgrounds, genders and experiences ensures that we make decisions with a truly global perspective. Diversity gives us strength in our technology, analysis and relationships.” - Maria Cox, Head of People Operations