We are looking for friendly Delivery Drivers (known internally as Farmdroppers) to join our team based in Enfield. As the only ones who meet our customers face-to-face, our Farmdroppers are experts on everything Farmdrop in order to provide the experience our customers expect for every delivery.
Pay rate: £11.15 per hour
Hours: Up to 5 days per week including weekend working - 7.5 hour shifts which can fall between 05:00 and 23:00 (longer shifts may be available). Overtime paid as an hourly rate.
Closing date: 25 September 2019 at 23:59.
Applications may close earlier if all positions have been filled. Early submission is encouraged.
Farmdrop represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at lower prices, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms.
Our mission is to fix the food chain, something we plan to do by providing the best food retail experience.
Duties of the Delivery Driver:
- Deliver a ‘best in class’ delivery experience around London and further afield
- Be a pioneer of exceptional customer service - create a memorable experience for our customers
- Be the “Face of Farmdrop” and represent all our brand stands for
- Have a reasonable knowledge of our producers, products and policies to answer customer queries
- Carry out daily checks of vehicles and load the vans
- Follow routing software to make deliveries, but apply local knowledge where applicable
- Get stuck in with the hub operations whenever you are needed (i.e. when you return from your delivery route or are ‘spare’ for the day)
- Clean UK driving licence
- Experience of driving in London
- Experience of excellent customer service - understanding customers’ needs and willing to go the extra mile
- Comfortable using multiple mobile apps and technologies
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to work as part of a team, and understand that being a Farmdropper is more than just driving
- The right to work in the UK
- Agreement for Farmdrop to run a driving licence check
- Comfortable with manual handling, and working in a cold (fridge) environment from time to time
- Comfortable handling meat, fish and alcohol
- Previous experience of multi-drop deliveries (Desirable)
- Previous sales experience (Desirable)
- 30% discount on all products sold through Farmdrop
- Mind & Body Training Benefit (training and personal development allowance)
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Up to 2 paid days off per year for volunteering/charity work
- Pension enrollment
- Work in a dynamic environment with a great team who are passionate about what they do
- An opportunity to change the food system for the better
We value diversity at Farmdrop and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.