is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up focused on revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our approach is unique in that we recondition pre-owned vehicles to a high standard, sell online, and deliver anywhere across the US. We have experienced tremendous growth in our first 5 years of operation and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, accelerating workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
The Delivery Driver position is an important role in the company, we are looking for local drivers to load vehicles on a single car Vroom hauler at our Orlando hub and unload the vehicle at our customer’s residence or business. Deliveries will occur Mondays through Saturdays during daytime hours.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle
- Operates various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all types of weather and traffic conditions
- Arrives and signs in on time; works hours as scheduled; wears clean, neat uniforms
- Always ensure delivery trucks are kept clean
- Address front-line customer issues, questions at point of delivery
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Follow vehicle pick-up (from Vroom Vehicle Hub) and customer delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submits written reports on accidents, incidents or unusual occurrences as required
- Accurately completes all reports
- Partner with Vroom Ambassador (as applicable) who may ride with you to assist with the customer’s delivery (e.g. answer questions, set expectations on next steps, provide marketing materials).
- Other duties as required
- Superior customer service skills including servicing a customer in person
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Maintain a DOT Medical card
- 21+ years old
- 2+ years proven experience preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Wear Vroom delivery uniform
- Comfortable with local same day transport
- Comfortable with digital technology (iPad, etc) for tracking delivery status and other logistics
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Map reading and route planning experience
- An innate sense of direction
- Self-starter who works well independently
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
- Strong knowledge and/or enthusiast of cars and trucks a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company that is transforming the way consumers purchase vehicles.
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
If you think you might be who we’re looking for, apply below with your resume and a cover letter telling us why you think you’d be a great addition to the team.