We fully appreciate the current situation in relation to coronavirus and wanted to provide some assurances that as an organisation we are set up to work remotely. We are continuing as normal with all our recruitment and looking forward to receiving your applications and talking to you remotely on the phone or via video.
The Delivery Manager is at the heart of how Tandem Bank delivers value to Customers.
The day to day role of a Delivery Manager is diverse and you will wear many hats. You will cultivate a deep knowledge of the problems we are solving through research, engagement with key stakeholders, and working side by side with your engineering team. You will also show leadership of the team by taking ownership of the outcome and ensuring the delivery team are organised, high performing and working on the right things.
This role is ideally suitable to someone who is looking to make the second step in their career.
What we're looking for:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles, and has real experience in creating working environments that adhere to them.
- Experience building an IaaS/SaaS/Cloud API product
- Experience defining APIs, documentation and building UX prototypes
- Strong background developing solutions side by side with developers
- Planned and prioritised product feature backlog and development for the product
- Defined product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assessed value, developed cases, and prioritised stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provided backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent experience
What you will be working on:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Executive team, stakeholders and project teams, to define project business case and translate business outcomes into clear understood work items for delivery
- Leverage Agile techniques like SCRUM, to ensure effective co-ordination and to build out high performing self-managing functional areas.
- Project organizer, ensuring effective Agile process are followed, and a winning culture exists within the project team
- Responsible for relationship management of entities outside of core team, including 3rd party suppliers
- Responsible for key project KPI tracking across multiple dimensions including, team productivity, project timelines, resource cost management and quality metrics
- Managed end to end delivery of the project, support prioritisation and ensuring effective project delivery processes are standardized and followed
- Ensure effective project governance is followed including regular status reporting and steering committee meetings
Qualities we look for:
- Ability to inspire and guide teams without direct authority and provide “hands on” leadership
- Enthusiastic personality, optimistic in mindset and has a can do attitude
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Likes being around people and has a talent for building rapport and creating excellent working environments.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Someone who is action orientated, has great energy and drive
- A conscientious leader, someone who deeply cares about their team members and ensuring that they are successful
- An extremely strong work ethic and have huge determination to succeed
- Adaptable to task at hand and has a willingness to roll up their sleeves and “get things done”
- Good judgement and applies “common sense” when problem solving
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Genuinely interested product management, agile methodologies, lean product development and modern engineering practices
- Has a curiosity to understand how things work
Advert start date: 7 October 2020
Advert end date: 7 November 2020
Tandem Money is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Our mission is to build a business of the future, that improves people's financial lives.
No agencies please.