An opportunity has arisen for a Demand Manager to join our Supply Chain team, on a 12 month fixed term contract, to be based at Ocado's Head Office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
Within Ocado Supply Chain and Planning Function sits the Demand Team that helps keep Ocado ticking. They are responsible for working with suppliers to ensure our forecasting for products is being put into action and our fulfilment centres stay stocked.
This means working closely with the analytics team to understand what we expect to sell and also with the supplier to ensure that it fulfilled. At the core of this role is the achievement of budgeted KPIs for the product range under your control.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Owning the demand and forecast planning process across your assortment at both category and SKU level (circa 2.5k products)
- Using all available data, manage systems & intelligence to achieve KPI targets for availability, product waste and customer fulfilment
- Management of key SKU and supplier data to ensure production of accurate purchase orders
- Regular promotional and seasonal analysis of your assortment
- Building strong trading and supplier relationships, managing the performance of your supply base through effective reviews and SLA management
- Optimising delivery efficiency across your supply base through order schedules, buying multiple management and other inbound delivery specifications
- Encouraging your supply base to engage in collaborative planning wherever possible
- Identifying opportunities for process change, communicating these ideas & implementing them effectively
- Trend and performance analysis for suppliers and product range
- Motivate those around you through enthusiasm, quality of work and integrity
- Ability to work un-supervised and remotely when required
- You may be asked to perform other tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Proven track record in demand forecasting, volume planning and logistics management
- Proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Strong business skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent PC skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a technical mind set/proven ability to interpret numerical data
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships internally and externally
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others. Ability to fit in with others in the team and wider business
- Confident decision maker who is able to work independently
- Adaptable and flexible approach to working hours to support a 24/7 business operation (including weekend working and potential out of hours office support)
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial Supply Chain environment
- Experience in the e-commerce sector
- Previous experience of 3rd party vendor management
- Previous experience training or mentoring others
- Occasional travel is required so a driving licence is beneficial
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply now! The closing date for all applications will be Thursday 22nd October.