Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to support a five-year USAID-funded project in Kathmandu, Nepal. The DCOP will work with the Chief of Party and Bixal HQ team to support USAID/Nepal Mission and Implementing Partners (IPs) to build their capacity to develop effective Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems.
As a DCOP, he/she will be responsible for overall support to the Chief of Party in developing and managing a strong collaborative team of technical staff and short-term consultants to deliver rapid, robust, and rigorous monitoring and evaluation (M&E) collaborative learning within and among all USAID/Nepal stakeholders, and integrated analysis to harmonize M&E across development objectives. The DCOP will provide integral support to shape the long-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within USAID/Nepal.
- Support the Chief of Party as the principal point of contact for the Project and deliver on high-quality monitoring, evaluation, and learning services.
- Work with the Research and the Collaborative Learning and Adaptation teams to deploy staff and consultants to deliver specific assignments in design, analyses, assessments, and evaluations to meet USAID/Nepal's needs for data and evidence.
- Provide technical and managerial support to both teams on tasks, such as designing, conducting or managing evaluations, strategy consulting, learning agenda, training, or other functions as required.
- Ensure close collaboration and information sharing among the technical teams to enhance each team’s products and services.
- Review and approve all technical briefs, highlights and reports submitted to USAID.
- Support the management of field monitoring and program evaluations by assisting the Mission and Implementing partners in developing and implementing effective MEL systems.
- Work collaboratively with staff and consultants to represent Bixal to the USAID/Nepal Mission, Implementing Partners (IPs) to implement effective MEL systems effectively.
- Acts as the Chief of Party in the COP's absence.
- Provide oversight to logistics and operational needs of the office. and represents Bixal to the USAID/Nepal client and Nepal Government.
- Support the Mission in collaboration with Chief of Party in Mission's Learning and Knowledge Management functions.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Master's degree or higher in a relevant field in Social Sciences.
- 10+ years of experience in monitoring, evaluations, and management consulting for international development programs.
- Demonstrate experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing activities in a multicultural environment.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in using Microsoft Office software and web-based communication tools.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience as Deputy Chief of Party with USAID Programs.
- Experience serving as a team lead on mid-term or impact evaluation.
- Experience in developing and using USAID performance monitoring plan.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Familiarity with knowledge management concepts and in collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Familiarity with organizational development concepts and methods.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Flex Spending Account
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
New Business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.