Rex, founded and led by billion-dollar investment and operations company Executive Chairman Peter Rex, is looking for a Deputy to the CEO to join our executive team in Austin, TX. The Deputy will be cultivated to lead different business initiatives end-to-end.
This person should have a strong foundation of business knowledge and a good sense of how to work with a wide range of key players. You are eager to learn from a business leader who has an enormous vision, extreme bias to action, and practical realism. You think long-term: you are most excited at the prospect of building a company that will outlive us all.
We call this role a “Deputy to the CEO” because this person will work closely with and often shadow the CEO.
In year one you will be:
- Adding value in whatever endeavor you’re deployed against, serving the team and Peter Rex, who combines broad business skills with an opportunistic approach, especially to problems with little precedent or roadmap. You should be quick at picking up on his strategic intent and driving execution.
- Leading or assisting on a range of key projects, which may include quick or deep-dive business analyses, strategic plans for new projects or existing units, key hires, evaluation and pursuit of partnership opportunities, or an equity raise.
- Providing leverage to Rex on a full range of strategic, research and execution projects; all of which build enterprise value and help us execute our vision.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year accredited university
- MBA preferred but not required
- 5+ years professional experience post-college
- Strong business acumen
- Flexibility to work extended and unscheduled hours
- Ability to organize and understand a large network of relationships, personal and professional; help manage relationships with family, friends, partners, business connections, investors, and media.
- Desire to take on special tasks including the management of and lead on special recruits/hiring projects and the exploration & pursuit of new business opportunities and deals
- Excellent communication & organizational skills
- Willingness to relocate to Austin
Before you apply, review these resources to better understand our culture and mission:
Our compensation & benefits package is designed to reward long-term career growth. Your total compensation can and should grow as you progress with the company. We evaluate performance and provide direct feedback to all teammates throughout the year, and ensure that compensation matches the role and performance. In addition, we offer the following:
- Competitive salary and equity awards
- Discounted rent at any properties owned by ResProp Management
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan