OneSignal is looking for a Design Engineer to help build the UX and UI of our messaging platform used by 1 million app developers. We're looking for a team member who likes to live between design and development. You will work closely with designers, engineers, product managers and other areas of the business to help make our product more intuitive and delightful to use.
We want people that have a ‘ship it’ mentality and have an eye for pixel perfection. We want people who care about building easy to use products and have a savvy for using data to make better design decisions. We want people who care deeply about the quality of the UI we build.
You’ll join our small Design team. We’re a nimble group that spans user research, prototyping, visual design, design systems and UI development. We sketch a lot. We spend a lot of time in Figma. We talk to users to validate our work. We run cross functional workshops to influence design thinking across the company.
- Work directly on the UI and UX of our web products
- Partner with designers to develop OneSignal’s design system
- Partner with engineers to implement components and add design polish to our products
- Educate and be an evangelist for a11y, semantics and design system best practices
- Document our components and UX patterns, how they work, how designers can use them in Figma, how engineers can use them in code
- Provide and solicit feedback from cross-functional stakeholders
- Create prototypes and tools to help us move faster at both discovery and execution
- Bring an engineering perspective to the design process to voice issues with feasibility and call out missed edge-cases
- Be a constant advocate for collaboration as well as act as a bridge between design and engineering
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience working on a web platform
- Strong design skills, specifically around accessibility, user-centered thinking and interaction design
- Intuitive mind for good user experience
- Effectively communicate with other team members
- Experience designing for both responsive web and mobile
- Obsessive attention to pixels
- Portfolio of past work showcasing your process
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Sketch (we use Figma)
- Understand technical requirements and aspects of modern apps
- Experience designing and shipping projects from start to finish
- Flexible work hours with WFH/no-meeting Wednesdays
- Unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Commuter benefits — fund your train, bus, Uber and Lyft rides
- Your choice of work station and equipment
- 401K Plan
- Office & home gym reimbursement
OneSignal’s vision is to power the world’s messages. Our customer engagement platform enables our users to compose and send messages via mobile push, web push, in-app and email.
The company is growing quickly both in terms of revenue and employees. It’s a great time to join because we’re still early - we’ve raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire and Rakuten Ventures (Yahoo) and despite our early stage, we have massive market penetration.
1 million+ mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications. We started as a Y Combinator-backed game developer. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. It took off like wildfire. Now we help businesses send 7 Billion push notifications every single day.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.