We’re looking for a talented Design Lead with 5+ years relevant experience designing native apps and 2+ years of experience leading other designers.
As a Design Lead you will help shape the future of the Moneybox experience, with best-in-class visual design skills and solid experience of UX practice.
You will lead a small team of designers who you will mentor and help to develop. The role combines growing and managing a team with hands-on design. You will report directly to the Design Manager and be based in the London office (office based from January 2021).
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on design and ownership of of the centralised team
- You will manage and mentor two talented designers, and help to grow your team
- Full stack design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the of the feature you design - from the first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process
- Work directly with the product, insights and engineerings team to understand the user base, business needs, related requirements and technical constraints
- You will report directly to the Design Manager
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company, inspiring everyone around you
- Have a deep understanding of the Moneybox products and app
- Utilize your full range of UX design (interaction design and visual design) skills
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple yet inspiring
- Continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to define and design new tools, features, flows and mockups
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions
- The centralised team manages the design system which serves designers distributed across various mission squads
Who you are
- A driven leader with 5+ years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and native applications
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile and app products you have worked on (iOS and Android)
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact
- Expert with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- Business minded, applying Design Thinking methods to match people's needs with what is technically feasible resulting in a viable business strategy which converts customer value and market opportunity
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave
- You’re autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs
- High attention to detail
- Quick learner, always open-minded, curious and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to make complex ideas simple to understand and easy to use
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and a master in communicating your ideas and thought processes
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- A keen interest and knowledge of the FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future
- People management, team development and recruiting experience
- 5+ years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design
- 2+ years of management experience with direct reports under your guidance
- A portfolio of work containing examples of both UX, UI and native applications
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Abstract, Figma, Marvel, Adobe etc)
- Experience working in a fast paced environment alongside developers
- Used or constructed design systems
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]