Design Producer, Communication & Brand Design team
At Stripe, our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We believe that building a business online is a problem rooted in code and design, not finance. To break down those barriers and make economic opportunities available to anyone, anywhere, we’re designing the future of tools and infrastructure for starting, running, and scaling a business on the internet.
The Design team at Stripe comprises several teams that work together to help define, create, and deliver on all of Stripe’s marketing, brand, and product efforts. We work on all altitudes of creative development, delivering entire product experiences and strategic brand initiatives. We conceive of projects in partnership with our cross-functional teams and bring them to market with the goal of delivering exceptional, world-class work.
We're looking for a senior Producer to join our multi-disciplinary design team in San Francisco to amplify our ability to deliver world-class creative experiences and content that set the bar for creative quality at Stripe. In this role, you'll be working closely with the Head of Communication & Brand Design to steward our visual brand, and deliver on marketing communications and editorial products—including web, campaigns, books, magazines, and films.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to stimulate the process of creative and technical development as well as guide the execution of the work with a nimble and efficient approach. We're looking for a strong, clear communicator with a passion for planning and project management to improve efficiencies and flow across creative teams. The role is full time, based in San Francisco.
You will do all sorts of things, including:
- Drive the workflows and manage all stages of the creative production process that is collaborative, creatively inspired, democratic, financially efficient, and ensures we deliver work that meets Stripe’s business and user goals.
- Establish and maintain planning and resourcing processes that promote a high standard of quality and innovation for the Stripe brand.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define project requirements against business objectives and translate into creative briefs.
- Build and manage production plans ensuring all team members understand project scope, roles, responsibilities, resources, deliverables, objectives, and milestones through to launch.
- Contribute strategic vision on brand and marketing projects and have ownership in the quality of the final product.
- Advocate for quality by facilitating effective critiques and reviews, and ensuring prioritized feedback is represented in the work.
- Facilitate creative workshops to expand our approach and engage our partners in the design process.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Communication & Brand Design across all Stripe offices.
- Source, onboard, and manage external creative partner relationships (ie. illustrators, photographers, design firms, production companies, creative agencies, etc.).
- Negotiate and manage project statements of work, budget estimates, talent contracts. Work with cross-functional partners to ensure projects are compliant with industry standards and Stripe policies and legal guidelines throughout the production process.
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication to ensure stakeholders and team members are involved at the right times, understand project health and decisions, and follow through on their commitments.
- Establish and maintain a system for archiving final deliverables.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 6-8 years of experience as a producer at a creative agency or in-house team.
- Are meticulously organized, detail oriented, with strong writing and communication skills.
- Have polished organizational and budget management skills.
- Strong track record of delivering creative excellence, demonstrating continual resourcefulness and self-motivation in the face of ever-evolving constraints.
- Have knowledge of web development, digital, live action video, animation, and print.
- Have an ownership mindset for production work, with experience leading projects that span across disciplines.
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and thrive as a self-starter in a fast-paced environment.
- Have experience with Business Affairs and legal aspects of production. Deep understanding of contractual agreements and talent negotiations.
- Literacy with design, prototyping, project management, and asset management tools.
- A visual and design sensibility and deep understanding of the right production talent required to execute the project at hand.
- Strong network and industry knowledge of directors and production houses. Should be able to shortlist suitable production partners with the given deadlines and budgets and think big at the same time.
- Spreadsheet master; basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A written description of why you're interested in this role and examples of how you’ve exemplified the qualities listed above in your previous work experience.