Framestore's Design Studio is a multi-talented team of directors, designers and artists creating beautiful images for all platforms. They are highly adaptable and can work across all stages of a project from conception and storyboarding to production, art direction, direction, motion graphics and visual effects.
The Design Producer is responsible for managing our clients, budgets and internal crew, bidding and negotiating for new projects and working with the creative and business management teams on new business developments. The Design Producer must be accustomed to working with the ever evolving demands of projects, having the ability to navigate the inevitable curveballs, and the ability to adapt and lead their team regardless of directional changes.
This is a full-time staff role with benefits, and although we are currently working remotely, this position will eventually require working onsite in our Chicago studio.
- Setting up and managing all aspects of a project from inception through to delivery, allowing the designers to focus on the design work
- Work with the team to kick off projects, gather requirements, manage time-lines, feedback revisions and deal with deliverables
- Enable the design team to work efficiently and meet client needs by ensuring:
- The deliverables of the project are clear and defined
- The deadline is realistic based upon resources
- Required assets are available
- Performance manage a team of core and freelance design staff
- Monitor and report on schedule, cost and margins to ensure that we maintain profitability
- Proactively identify upcoming conflicts and resource gaps and liaise with the relevant support departments as appropriate
- Serve as primary interface with the client
- Attend cross-discipline production meetings as representative of Design with a view to understanding where the team could add value to other projects within the Integrated Advertising division
- Work with the creative and business management teams to actively create and develop new business opportunities for the Design team