Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Design Program Manager to join the Consumer Experience Design team at Spotify.
The Experience Mission is a team of over 550 people who define and drive the Spotify consumer experience across platforms. Our 55 person design team seeks a Design Program Manager to work closely with the Experience Design Director and the existing Design Program Manager. You will work with strategic initiatives across two teams within the mission, to help drive forward design operations, collaboration and processes across our teams.
The role straddles program management and team operations. You will own projects that drive impact for our designers. You will support the day to day operations of our design team that make them work more effectively. You will help foster an internal design culture that is inclusive, educational, creative, celebratory, and collaborative. You will report to the Global Head of Design Operations who oversees a team that supports and elevates the Spotify design community through driving strategic programs of work and cultivating a thriving design community.
What you'll do
- Work with the Director of Design and the existing Design Program Manager to establish key processes that are intended to integrate the Design team and keep them running efficiently and effectively.
- Track multiple design initiatives in an organized and transparent fashion.
- Continuously evolve design processes and tools to adapt to changing needs of the team.
- Streamline communications for the design team to ensure information and knowledge is flowing freely. Coordinate and help facilitate the design team’s rituals to operationalize their work.
- Ensure the teams are on track, facilitate decision-making, resolve blockers and surface challenges.
- Improve how the design team interfaces with other functions such as Product Management, Engineering and Insights.
- Organize workshops and design sprints for the team.
- Own the operational side of design management such as contractor/agency management and budget management among others.
- Effectively deliver operational improvements based on feedback from existing and future survey data.
- Find new ways to research and uncover the needs of the Experience design team and share these with your design ops peers.
- Track and communicate progress to the Director of Design and Global Head of Design Ops.
- You will collaborate with the global design operations teams on various global design team programs where needed and participate in weekly design ops rituals to link the work you do to contribute to the work of the wider design ops strategy.
Who you are
- You are an experienced systems thinker and can demonstrate expertise in solving complex problems in large organizations.
- You have an understanding of design processes and frameworks and know what designers need to enable to thrive in the workplace.
- You have experience working in project management roles working closely with designers, engineers and product counterparts in either a product company or product design agency.
- You have experience working with globally-dispersed teams.
- You are the glue of a happy team and can manage a project autonomously from kick off to delivery.
- You are a great communicator and bring clarity to the projects you take on.
- You bring innovative thinking to operations and can demonstrate examples of systems you implemented that created long lasting impact.
- You are passionate about design and keep up to date with the latest industry trends.
- You understand design thinking and are familiar with Google design sprints, lean UX and other prototyping methods.
- You love the creative process and know how to make it work in a scrappy, fast paced environment.
- You are a self-starter who can proactively identify opportunities for improvement within the team and develop programs to achieve those.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.