Method Savvy is a consultancy that helps ambitious leaders solve bold business problems for new realities. We do that by uncovering simple truths that connect brands to people across channels.
NOTE: This is a hybrid role and fully remote candidates will not be considered.
THE CENTERPIECE OF EFFECTIVE STRATEGY INVOLVES INTELLECTUAL DESIGN
The Designer is a creative problem solver who works with an interdisciplinary team of creatives, strategists and marketers to address the unique business challenges our B2B and B2C clients face. Through this role you'll both learn the Method Savvy methodology-how we envision the future for our customers, the fusion of systems thinking and creativity, and the balance between empathy and aspiration. You'll contribute to the research, ideas, and design execution that help ambitious leaders and their organizations make a positive impact on the world. An ideal candidate is highly collaborative, team oriented and constantly pushing to innovate.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Method Savvy we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tasks & Responsibilities Include
What You'll Do
- Ideate and design compelling, branded assets across all channels, including digital, print, email, video, social, and web.
- Collaborate with different disciplines on a team to design a range of artifacts-books, workshops, online experiences, brand systems, journey maps, presentations, video, etc.
- Generate provocative ideas and insights to lead the production and execution of innovative, and enticing branding and creative resulting in measurable growth in engagement and revenue.
- Design compelling proposals and narratives to make sense of a client's needs and motivate action with a compelling vision for the future.
- Work closely with Strategists and Analysts to create immersive experiences for clients built to yield measurable insights.
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback.
Who You Are
- Use systems-thinking and design to understand and deconstruct the complexity within client organizations.
- Equipped with a strong foundation in aesthetics. (typography, photography, film, composition, color, and hierarchy)
- Able to ideate alongside multidisciplinary team members, articulating your thinking in a clear and inspiring way.
- Enjoy leading projects from inception through execution.
- Stay current with and use contemporary practices, trends and technologies in layout, design and production of text and graphics for both print and online media, with an emphasis on accessibility and usability standards across storytelling platforms.
- Interested in the nature and complexity of the organizations we work with.
- Prepared to work iteratively and often in ambiguity.
- Able to draw at all times from an ever-growing range of visual and cultural references to define moods and ideas.
- Willingness to be flexible with constantly changing standards and expectations.
- Identify tools and practices-from within and outside of Method Savvy-that help the delivery team be creative, efficient, and effective
- 3+ years of graphic and/or motion design experience in a professional setting.
- Hands-on experience with multiple forms of creative expression including graphic design, motion graphics, animation, storyboarding, and UI/UX etc.
- Ability to take initiative, work without a brief, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Experience at a design firm, agency, or consultancy is strongly preferred to build meaningful relationships with internal and external clients and partners.
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Must have experience as a designer with complex projects from start to finish showing a high level of creativity and organization.
- Diverse online portfolio containing a wide variety of design work.
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. (experience in After Effects a plus)
- Mastery of one or more aspects of design, including Graphic Design, Motion Design, Experience Design, Information Design, Storytelling, Editorial Design.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- Fully hybrid work environment with a highly flexible work from anywhere system
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits with company matching.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office in downtown Durham, NC complete with a ping-pong table, foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.