The Transmission & Distribution Line Designer is responsible for the detailed design and drafting of electric transmission, sub-transmission, and distribution lines.
- Prepare conceptual routes, layouts, preliminary designs as well as detailed designs utilizing established guidelines and specifications for transmission and distribution lines using PLS-CADD.
- Design transmission and distribution poles using PLS CADD and PLS POLE.
- Model and analyze existing transmission and distribution poles to ensure they meet federal guidelines and client specifications.
- Prepare for construction engineering and design packages including plan and profile sheets, staking sheets, bills of materials, and stringing charts.
- Develop and modify design criteria utilizing industry standards and/or client specifications.
- Develop and modify pole loading drawings, framing drawings, and construction drawings.
- Utilize LIDAR survey data to accurately reflect existing terrain within the design model.
- Perform structure loading calculations.
- Perform As-Built revisions
- Attend meetings and job walks as necessary throughout the project.
- Electric utility engineering and design experience
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation experience
- Ability to prioritize work and manage tasks for multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- High level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, clients, and contractors.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be proficient on the computer.
- Experience with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, SAG10, and any GIS/Mapping programs are preferred.
- Experience with DPSS, ICUE, CPD, and SAP for projects with local San Diego utility companies.
- Associate Degree or equivalent Technical College diploma from an accredited engineering school is required. Commensurate work experience may be used in lieu of degree requirements.
*Employment is subject to successfully passing a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Ampirical offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision; STD, LTD, 401(k); life insurance, gym stipend, tuition reimbursement, 10 paid holidays; two weeks' vacation; flexible work schedule (to possibly include every other Friday off) and more.
Interested in Engineering Power-ful Solutions? Take a look at the link below to see why working at Ampirical is much more than a job...https://youtu.be/ilneslhRWWY