GTL & Telmate. Two technology leaders, one powerful opportunity.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
With the recent acquisition of Telmate, GTL has strengthened its suite of solutions for the corrections industry and expanded its community corrections portfolio with Telmate Guardian, a smartphone-based GPS monitoring solution. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to over 2 million inmates in more than 2,500 correctional facilities in the United States and Canada, including 33 U.S. departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and many large city/county/provincial facilities.
GTL is looking for an experienced and savvy Desktop Support Specialist (Technical Associate) that provides and hands-on work (100%) of technical support and understanding in the maintenance, use and future needs of the GTL PC community. This includes all corporate computing hardware, software, email, internet access and network connectivity. Oversees and insures delivery of corporate IT services to the business including desktop administration and support, hardware support, network configuration and support operations. Assists in maintaining network security and disaster recovery programs.
- Maintains Windows 7 and 10 clients for all Global Tel*Link offices.
- Installs, supports, administers desktop and laptop hardware, Microsoft operating systems, various end-user applications, printers and other peripherals as needed to fulfill Global Tel*Link business needs.
- Provides daily operational activities such as creating security badges, building network cables, running network cables, troubleshooting, assisting with application troubleshooting, log monitoring, adds, moves and changes.
- Responsible for Operating System tuning, administration and monitoring of desktops and laptops.
- Works with other Technology Team members, Product Networking and Tech Support for any application support, implementations and changes.
- Participates in the on-call production support rotation and may occasionally be required to do work at the office during non-business or late night hours.
- Participates in projects as needed.
- Various other responsibilities that may be required by Global Tel*Link business needs and that are generally considered a normal responsibility of a desktop support technician.
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 5 years related Technical desktop support and/or troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 OS, MS Office Suite products, corporate computing hardware, software, email, internet access, and network connectivity.
- Available for non-standard work shift, supporting a team on-call production support rotation, and occasionally working at the office during non-business or late night hours.
- Experience with desktop administration and support, hardware support, network configuration and support operations.
- Experience with remote desktop access applications and help desk support, preferred.
- Excellent oral communication and strong writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to identify problems and develop and lead implementation of creative solutions.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills, including decisiveness on both legal and business issues.
- Must be able to travel up to 20%.
GTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.