Algolia is hiring a Developer Advocate to join our team of passionate community builders. Today, the Algolia API and our open source projects are used by more than 5,000 customers and 50,000 developers, designers and product builders. The mission of our community team is to help people find what they’re searching for, to equip them with the tools and relationships that will help make their next search project successful.
Developers make up a large part of our community, and Algolia Developer Advocates play a crucial role in keeping developers both informed and inspired about what’s possible. There is no typical day for a Developer Advocate, nor are any two Developer Advocates exactly the same. That said, typical tasks for include creating content that explains challenging technical concepts, attending events and being the internal voice of the developer communities we support.
We work together as a team, and all of the team’s domain expertise is available to help make you successful. At the same time, everyone at Algolia is an owner, and a big part of how you make your impact is up to you.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Create technical content that shows developers how to use Algolia and how to get the most out of their Algolia implementations.
- Advocate our DocSearch and TalkSearch products, finding new opportunities to use them to support the wider community.
- Share your expertise by giving talks, conducting workshops and attending developer events all over the world.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and how they could be used in conjunction with Algolia to demonstrate the product, or enhance existing implementations.
- Connect with other developers, developer advocates, educators, entrepreneurs and accelerators to find opportunities to integrate Algolia into technical programs and curriculums.
- Provide support and guidance to developers within our online community channels including Discourse, Github, Twitter, Stack Overflow and other spaces.
- Overall, represent the company to the community and the community to the company.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Relevant software engineering experience including full-stack or front-end expertise. You should feel very comfortable implementing Algolia (mobile or HTML/JS/CSS) and helping debug Algolia implementation issues.
- Experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, or other channels.
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find simple solutions to solve complex problems.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Love of APIs and experience using APIs for fun or profit.
- Experience working with search or search engines.
- Experience in the e-commerce or media industries.
- Familiarity with SaaS business fundamentals.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours