Tradeshift, a fast growing startup with offices in San Francisco and Copenhagen, is starting a New York engineering office and building out the engineering team. The New York office will own Tradeshift’s application developer platform - we will develop, evolve and support the platform and enable our developer partners. We are looking for eclectic engineers who are passionate about building elegant solutions. We do not care too much about specific qualifications but we won't compromise on excellence. Here is the post about what this team will be working on and what types of skills are important for Tradeshift.
To learn more about Tradeshift, here is a series of blog posts about our engineering - mission, technology choices, and different teams.
How this role fits into the team:
You will play a key part in the partner enablement platform team. You will be spending much of your time managing the external face of our platform - making sure the documentation is great, creating code samples and working with the developers to understand their requirements. Part of this will be setting documentation standards for teams across Tradeshift. You will work with the external developers to help them craft solutions and integrate with Tradeshift’s platform. You will advocate for the external developers and help design solutions and platform capabilities to support them.
By the way, while your role will take the lead on these activities, it will be ultimately the whole team’s responsibility to see that the above needs are met.
As we described above, we do not care a whole lot about specific skills, but it would be difficult to ask someone to join Tradeshift if they were not an expert in a few of these areas. For this role, we would emphasize some of the nontechnical skills more.
- Platform Architecture and development
- Experience integrating with other systems
- Designing extensible systems
- Distributed Systems and Service Oriented Architecture
- API design and operations
- Front End Development, including node.js
- Backend Development — Java, Groovy, Scala, node.js
- Unit and functional test writing
- Experience operating production environments
- (Optional) — Docker, Consul, Terraform, Puppet
- Writing documentation
- Working with clients or partners- people with consulting backgrounds or who have worked with third party partners
- Creating developer samples and sample apps
- Training, light-weight such as webinars, etc.
- Great communication skills, spoken and written
- Domain expertise in supply chain management and / or social networks
- Light-weight project management
What we Offer:
- Ambitious international startup
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours and vacation policy
- Supplemented cell phone plan
- Lunch and snacks provided dailiy from local NY eateries
- Fully paid 6 months maternity leave and 2 months fully paid paternity/partner leave
- A competitive compensation package + equity
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life, short and long-term disability
- Volunteer program
- Fun company events like happy hours, outings and much more
This job has been filled or removed by Tradeshift.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Developer Evangelist job post.✕