GrowIt! is a tech company serving consumers and businesses in the garden space. We built a robust mobile app community with more than 700,000 members across the U.S. and Canada with a mission to connect, educate, and inspire others to dig plants. It’s a Top 10 Lifestyle app in the Play Store and App store and was listed in Better Homes & Gardens and the Washington Post as a lbest gardening app.’
We also have SaaS products built for partners in the space – garden shops, botanic gardens, flower shows, plant breeders, and plant distributors. The products help businesses communicate with visitors, learn more about consumer preferences, make better decisions, and increase sales.
We work every day to make our members happy and help businesses reach more people and sell more plants.
• QA: manual testing, writing unit tests, and building out our BDD test suite
• Write Behavior Driven scenarios for User stories
• Tackle backlog of reported bugs
• Small feature stories – developing high-performance, reliable, testable, and maintainable code
• Work collaboratively within a fast-moving development team, with clear, positive, and constructive communication.
• Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
• Self-Starter that wants to take ownership of a project
• Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship
• Working knowledge of agile, test-driven or behavior-driven development
• Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in mobile development
• Patient, personable, and open-minded individual
• Experience with Ruby, Kotlin, Java, or Swift (Multiple a plus!)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations.
How to get this job: Submit an email to [email protected] We want to see an intro paragraph about why you want this position and a resume. Show us what you’ve done (in class, at other internships, or jobs) and how it aligns with the responsibilities noted above. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll invite you for a 15-minute phone conversation. Finalists will be invited to our office for a 60-minute interview/tour.
Location / Duration: WeWork offices, 125 S. Clark St., 17th floor. Internship hours are M-F, flexible, but consistent hours depending on class schedule. This is a 6-month internship; commit to 10 hours during school, 25 hours in the summer. Flexible with time off around finals / graduation.