Sestra Systems, an innovative startup delivering IoT-based smart dispensing solutions across industries, is currently recruiting a DevOps Engineer to provide device management, development, and infrastructure management across our multi-generational software systems. We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who wants the excitement that only a start-up can provide. You will have an early- stage role, influencing the company’s technology direction.
- Manage and implement existing development pipelines through GitLab
- Recommend and implement strategies for operational improvement
- Utilize Ansible to manage device and system configurations
- Approve code merges and recommend / implement merging and branching strategies
- Manage and optimize core infrastructure within AWS
- Contribute to the overall architecture and deployment of solutions supporting the product roadmap
- Investigate and resolve production issues during off-hours, weekends, and during on-call rotations, as directed
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience utilizing the following:
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD). gulp, Gitlab, or equivalent
- Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), including ssh, rsync, syslog, systemd (or equivalent)
- Shell scripting (bash/sh, sed, awk)
- Ansible (or equivalent configuration management such as Chef is a plus)
- A strong plus will include:
- Networking / troubleshooting connectivity over WiFi, ethernet, and / or bluetooth
- Administering / managing Relational Database Management Systems
- Amazon Web Services deployment and administration (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Debian Package Creation (or equivalent)
- Coding or Scripting background in Python -- C/C++, or Node.JS
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills (required)
- Willingness to have fun in the process (required)
and more ...
Sestra’s smart dispensing solutions are installed as mission-critical applications within iconic sports venues, cultural centers, hotels and restaurants across the country. The Washington Nationals, Kennedy Center, Warner Theater, Lincoln Center, Greenbrier Resort and Longwood Gardens are just a few of our local clients.