AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
At AHEAD, we prioritize creating a culture of belonging, where all perspectives and voices are represented, valued, respected, and heard. We create spaces to empower everyone to speak up, make change, and drive the culture at AHEAD.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate based on an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We embrace all candidates that will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives at AHEAD.
The Ansible Architect will serve as a technical thought leader and SME for our DevOps ecosystem of partners, customers, and service providers. You will assist in leading a team that builds automation and services in order to make operating in a large-scale distributed system simple. You will make the development software workflows, tools, and systems management tools integrate together to achieve the objectives of reliability, security and scalability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Architect, design, and implement Ansible environments from the agile planning stage to production deployments (AAP and OSS/AWX)
- Assist with the integration of Ansible/AAP environments to various customer and vendor tools.
- Lead development, deployment, and testing activities with various Clouds (Azure/AWS/GCP/VMware), DevOps Technologies/Methodologies, Containers/Kubernetes, Configuration Management, Orchestration, Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Monitoring/Observability, HashiCorp Suite, secrets management (OSS and Enterprise versions of all the tools)
- Lead and take part in readiness assessments, workshops, roadmap/design sessions, and tool/environment modernization discussions
- Working with clients to train them on the best practices around Ansible environment management and code writing
- Lead architecting sessions with business and technology owners as a technical expert
- Provide systems support in and out of office hours
- Lead client demonstrations and working sessions
- Mentor junior staff and support project leadership
- Lead the creation of written deliverables
- Lead a team of technical delivery resources on complex projects
- Helps to develop new AHEAD products, processes, standards, and / or plans
- Obtains and maintains relevant and higher-end certifications
- Participate in pre-sales activities and support on an as-needed basis
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant, engineering experience
- Strong project and product management experience
- Background in DevOps, Software Development, Site Reliability, or Systems Engineering/Administration
- Comfortable talking through CI/CD pipeline development and management
- Some experience with containerization related management stacks like Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of microservice architectures, principles, and patterns
- Public Cloud infrastructure expertise: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment methods and tools
- Experience working with multiple data centers and servers
- Experience with Linux/Unix/Windows system administration
- Good experience with common programming/scripting languages such as Bash, PowerShell, and Python
- Linux System Administration, ideally Red Hat, SuSE or Ubuntu
- Good familiarity with TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Understanding of how API’s work and interacting with them for testing and production toolsets
- Strong desire for personal development and learning
- Able to communicate beyond technologies and talk solutions to engineers and senior management alike
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated technical leadership
- Client relationship skills and experience working with vendors
- Understanding of high availability, scaling technologies and solutions
- Familiarity with security, penetration testing and threat detection tools
- Understanding of servers, storage, and networking roles
- Requires minimal supervision to accomplish work and manage off-project time
- Depth and demonstrated expertise across at least multiple technologies to be able to architecture and implementation activities
- Experience with OpenShift is preferred
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.