SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
This position requires the individual to be capable of playing a pivotal role; providing technical guidance and direction to our Devops team and culture. This individual will also work closely with all levels of management across the various organizations, researching new technologies and making technical recommendations to help ensure that SiriusXM Connected Vehicles continues to be a thought leader with our industry.
In this role you will be a key member of the dev ops team responsible for establishing highly available environments driven by Automation and devops strategy. You will also be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership skills and knowledge of agile/devops mindset to deliver customer value .
This is a senior position with broad management responsibilities and a hand in defining and executing strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for the team that reshapes the culture and thinking, that enables us to deliver faster to market along with quality and resilience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, Enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy – Infrastructure as Code
- Build Dev Ops road map for the organization and drive teams towards the same.
- Enable “DEVOPS” mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operation team.
- Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate dev ops tool – on both Cloud and On premise infrastructure
- Design , develop, and support all AWS activities for most environments
- Design and assist in the implementation of cloud based micro-services
- Identify risks and issues with existing systems and designs and develop risk mitigation and transition strategies.
- You are comfortable navigating both the technology and business context in a technical ecosystem
- You are passionate about delivering quality solutions
- You can articulate and can evangelize new ideas
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (BSc) in engineering, computer science, or related field; master’s preferred
- 8+ years of experience as a Devops Leader with experience in multiple tools and strategies of deployments and automation
- 3+ years of experience developing highly scalable and reliable software systems on AWS
- On – premise SRE experience is highly recommended
- Will have multiple management direct reports as well as individual contributors that will require direction, mentorship and career development.
Requirements and General Skills:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Mentoring skills and competencies, with an ability to transfer knowledge to junior and senior members of engineering teams
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Experienced with shipping commercial products using agile software development methodologies; Scrum and/or Kanban
- A proven history of technical and organizational leadership
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly assess multifaceted problems and complex situations and recognize patterns to identify and resolve the root cause
- Ability to analyze new technologies, emerging standards and market trends, and understand how they affect products today and, in the future
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS .
- Experience with DevOps best practices and ability to establish a continuous deployment pipeline
- Ability to review architectures, designs and code, and work with engineers to resolve issues at all levels
- Expert technical understanding of algorithms, software patterns and anti-patterns
- Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, Footprints Service Core, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance
- Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
- Dev Ops and CI/CD tools such as , but not limited Jenkins and Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, OpsWorks (for AWS)
- Must have AWS cloud knowledge - EC2, Routing, Sub-netting and VPC’s, Cloudwatch, RDS, Inspector, State Manager, IAM, SNS, SES, AWS Backups, vSRX Firewall and NAT.
- Scripting Knowledge such as Phython , Perl , Groovy , Java.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.