At 3D Hubs we are disrupting the manufacturing industry by connecting professionals who want to manufacture with the companies operating the machines. We have just crossed the magic number of 1 million parts manufactured on our platform.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will support 3D Hubs to create and maintain state-of-the-art environments and infrastructure. You'll work with our CTO to develop a roadmap and architecture that ensures high-availability while staying flexible to adapt fast when needed. You're on top of new trends and can educate people around you about best practices.
We are currently working to further improve our automated docker deployments on AWS and need you to take this to the next level. We would love to hear your ideas on improving our setup, including new logging and monitoring.
We believe that through automation of and transparency in our infrastructure we are able to ship solutions for our users as quickly as possible. You are just as passionate about automation, performance, and uptime as we are.
Why join now? Today, 3D Hubs is the most trafficked site in local manufacturing, providing over 1 billion people access to a manufacturing services within 10 miles of their home. That’s roughly 15% of the world’s population.
Do you want to find out more about the company culture and the people behind 3D Hubs?
You'll join a truly international engineering team with backgrounds ranging from computational geometry to data science. Don’t worry if you don’t have any knowledge of 3D printing yet, because you will join a culture that is centered around learning.
Whether it’s Agile, lean thinking or continuous delivery, we are open to new methodologies of delivering projects, as long as they improve our clock speed.
Together we build scalable solutions and literally change the way manufacturing will work in the future.
Find out more about the company culture and the people behind 3D Hubs here
Are you up for this challenge?
Some recent and upcoming projects
- Improve our automated AWS infrastructure
- Revamp local development environments
- Ensure fast and zero-downtime deployment
- Maintain builds and tests of Docker images on ECS
- Set up host and application level monitoring for (core) services
- Improve logging throughout all services
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS (ECS, Multi-AZ deployment)
- Experience with micro services architecture and the specific problems it poses for development, deployment, logging, monitoring, etc
- Experience with Docker for local and production use, automated builds, and deployments
- Infrastructure or Systems Administration background
- Experience with CI and CD are a plus
You feel at home with
- nginx, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Languages: Python, Rust
- Configuration management: Kubernetes, Saltstack, Terraform
- Continuous Integration: Codeship
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Dynatrace, CloudWatch, New Relic
What 3D Printing Means For The Future Of Manufacturing
3D Hubs, an online marketplace for local 3D printing, scores $7M Series B
How 3D printing will make manufacturing in America great again