Who We Are:
Airwallex is a technology company that revolutionises the way businesses operate globally. Our financial infrastructure provides a modern technology stack for businesses of all sizes to operate internationally, without the challenges of the current global financial system.
Businesses use Airwallex as their end to end global financial services platform. Whether it’s making or receiving payments from customers, domestically or internationally, Airwallex saves businesses time and money by offering real-time, reliable and cost effective financial solutions. Our web and API solutions support businesses of all sizes, from small companies to large enterprise.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
Founded in 2015, Airwallex has since grown to over 400 employees across ten offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $360 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
As a cloud-native DevOps, you will work within a feature team to deliver business outcomes.
Your focus will be around building a globally distributed, PCI DSS compliant platform using GCP and Aliyun, whilst guiding and upskilling internal teams using best practices for building, deployment and scaling applications in the cloud. As we are a Financial Service company, security is at the core of our practices and automation.
You will bring to the team a level of expertise in operational platform management, developing observability and detection capabilities that will decrease time to discover problems and allow our teams to increase stability and not sacrifice agility or security.
A key aspect of this position will be building consensus amongst DevOps Engineers across geographies in different feature teams about the tools and practices we use, and evolving that consensus into agreed standards.
What you will bring:
- A passion for automation and repeatable processes
- More than 5 years of experience in operation and maintenance of large-scale Internet sites, with experience in operation and maintenance of large-scale websites with high concurrency
- Deep exposure to AWS, GCP and/or Aliyun cloud
- Broad experience with modern CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of containerisation including Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- A fervent enthusiasm for infrastructure-as-code
- A love for operational metrics including MTTD & MTTR and the capabilities and practices that allow these to be continually improved upon
- Excellent understanding of OS, platform and network security practices, patterns and frameworks
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms.
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
- Proficient in scripting languages such as Shell and Python
- Familiar with network planning
- Have at least one database management and operation and maintenance experience;Familiar with TCP / IP, HTTP and other network protocols