When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. Our API is the foundational component that customers rely on when integrating and interacting with our data. Making people-count data available, in a real-time setting, means all underlying systems must be continuously operational and ready to scale at a moment's notice.
We’re looking for an engineer to take the helm of our infrastructure and grow it to handle the needs of our product. This position will play a large role on both the hardware and software teams in crafting the deployment, orchestration, and management systems that power Density.
While Density is a remote-friendly company, we have offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse, NY.
This position reports to Density's Head of Product.
Here's what we're looking for
- Understanding of deployment orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes and/or Nomad, Consul
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible
- Experience building APIs and data delivery mechanisms for applications such as web dashboards, alerting & health systems, mobile applications, and third party integrations
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Knowledge of the AWS stack (Cloudformation, EC2, RDS, SQS, Route 53, S3)
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (CircleCI)
- Experience with relational, non-relational, and time-series data stores
- Experience with ELK Stack (Elasticseach, Logstash, Kibana) for logging and debugging
Icing on the cake
- 5+ years industry experience building and scaling web applications and APIs
- Familiarity with software build systems such as CMake, Autotools, and Make
- Deep experience with Python and Django