This is a full-time month to month contract position.
Acting as a back up to our current DevOPs lead, You will be maintaining our existing server infrastructure, enhancing our configuration, installing new tools, fixing issues with the servers and deploying new network infrastructure. You will also be working closely with the development team to help them with their OPs issues and building our library of used technologies. We are building a team of collaborative professionals who work well together, share knowledge in order to help enhance the skills and abilities of the team, and get work done using best practices as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain current server infrastructure.
- Install and configure new tools.
- Monitor the servers for issues.
- Fix any issues with the servers.
- Offer technical support to the developers to assist with their development environments and to resolve any issues with the deployed servers.
- Maintain high standards for security on the servers.
- Find, recommend and install new technologies that will be useful for developers and our infrastructure.
- Assist in management and planning of your assigned tasks including estimations of time to complete them.
- Identify root causes of critical problems throughout the platform, and take necessary steps to resolve them.
- Continuously improve our visibility into our systems and applications with advanced monitoring, metrics and log analytics.
- Build and deploy tools to ensure the integrity and reliability of the infrastructure.
- Participate in managing your tickets in our ticket management system.
- Share your knowledge with the team in order to enhance everyone's capabilities.
- Networking: experience with network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing.
- Strong background in linux administration.
- Ability to work with Linux flavor: Ubuntu.
- Ability to work with servers running an Apache and Nginx, PHP and MySQL stack.
- Ability to work with Amazon AWS services such as:
- Elastic Load Balancer.
- Route 53.
- Ability to work with Redis.
- Ability to work with Git and Mercurial.
- Ability to work with TeamCity for continuous integration.
- Ability to work with and configuring virtual machines using Vagrant and Ansible.
- 5+ years work experience as a DevOps engineer.
- Proficient with monitoring tools:
- Experience working in Agile
- Self motivated
- Able to interact well with others and communicate effectively with team members without incident.
- An interest in growing and improving as a developer and sharing your expertise with others.
- An interest in the subject matter (video games, and tournaments) is preferred though not required.
- Available and ready to work